Chapter 12 - The Call

Cassidy's P.O.V.

PICTURE OF RAY ON THE SIDE

      "What's this?" hissed a deep and cold voice. I shuddered in automatic fear as I listened to the voice. My eyes were blind-folded shut and I could not see a thing but darkness.

     "This is the little sister, my Liege," cowered a squeaky voice. I gulped and tried pulling free from the ropes, but nothing would budge. My wrists burned, causing me to wince in pain while my ankles felt like they were being twisted and burnt alive with every second I was here.

       "Impossible!" shouted the deep and cold voice from the beginning. 

          A moment of silence passed until it was disturbed.

         "Unfold that blind-fold," he suddenly ordered. I felt my head jerk forwards and downward before hands made their way around my head and begin to undo the tight knot. The blind-fold fell off and my chin was jerked upward and forced to stare into ice blue eyes. I gulped and stared at him. His skin was pale, but not a sickly kind of pale. His lips were dark red and dripping with red substance that I assumed that was blood. He was tall, practically nine feet tall. That's not what scared me. What scared me was that we were in a room, that had to be the throne room, seeing as there was a throne chair up ahead of me made out of dark, pebbles and stones. Behind the throne was blue, red, orange, and green flames. The flames lit up the room dimly, also making it very hot in here. 

         "Such beauty," murmured the man that held my chin in his large, cold hands. 

          "Come here, Christina," his voice boomed throughout the entire room, causing me to yelp. His eyes never left my face as he commanded her. My eyes shot over to the sudden steps. My eyes widened as I saw Christina standing there, in her natural formation, her eyes red. My eyes once again scanned the symbols that laid upon her body, they were hissing at me in a way. The man dropped my chin and stepped away from me for Christina to now stand in-front of me.

         "Christina," I barely manage to whisper. Her eyes flickered to a pink hue for a second before it returned back to blood red.

          "What shall I do for you, my Liege?" she asked, turning her head to where the man stood. 

           "Kill her," he commanded. My eyes widened even more as she nodded and took out a sword that I hadn't even realized she was holding. 

         "No! No! Please, Christina! I'm your sister! Please!" I cried and begged at the same time. She didn't even listen to me as she brought the sword through my neck and easily created a hole there. She removed the sword and my blood poured out. She then wiped her sword with my shirt to get rid of the blood. As she stepped back, darkness faded around her and consumed me.

       I shot up in my bed, alerting David, seeing as his arm was wrapped securely around my waist. I was gasping for air and trying to wipe off the sweat that covered my forehead in thick layers. I scanned around the bedroom, looking for any demons of any sort. 

          "Cass?" slowly asked David. Hearing his voice didn't calm me. I needed a different voice. The voice that could only assure me that everything was okay. I jumped out of the bed and began rushing down the stairs. David called out for me and tried to reach for me, but my speed was no match for him. He banged on every bedroom door, waking everyone else up while I ran around the house, looking for the living room. Once I reached the living room, my eyes desperately darted around for my elder sister. When I didn't see her, I grew more and more worried. In the background I could hear thumps of dozens of steps on the stairs, but it was muffled slightly. My heartbeat exhilarated as I began to soak in my own sweat. I was well aware that people surrounded me and tried shaking me out of my bad panic mode.