Chapter 20 - Let It Out

Cassidy's P.O.V.

PICTURE OF NICK ON THE SIDE

     "So, now that we got that out of the way," I began, "why the fuck is she here?" 

     Everyone turned to who I was staring deathly at. She stared back at me with the same look but I could tell that there was more fire in her eyes.

     "Stop looking at her like that," Christina hissed at me. She wasn't mad at me, I just knew that she was tired of the childish acts that has been happening for a couple hours now between my group of friends and her. And quite frankly, I was kind of too. I knew Jenny wasn't all that bad, it's just what she did to us was what blinded me with the hatred I had for her. She had hurt Saxon and she even hurt me. She was considered a close friend, but, when she went against us, it pulled me in two. 

     "Just answer her," Saxon said calmly. But I knew him better than anyone else, and his red face, clenched jaw, clenched fists, and his stance said the opposite of calm. It was like his life depended on the answer that came out of my sister's mouth. And quite frankly, it possibly did. Jenny's act of being good to us may have just been a stage in her plan, but I know that the love she had for him wasn't. It was true mate love. 

    Christina sighed and walked over to where Jenny stood. 

     "She's here because of me," Christina began her story. I saw Saxon ease a bit, but not completely.

      "She is the Princess of the Underworld and she, well, to put this is simpler terms, she wasn't cut for the life her father had wanted her to lead," Christina said. We all exchanged looks of confusion.

      "Who was your father, Jenny?" I blurted out before anyone else could. I was more shocked then anyone else. If I weren't me, I would have stared at myself with complete and utter shock to be the first one to talk to Jenny out of calmness. I felt all eyes on me, but my eyes were solely trained on Jenny. She licked her lips and bounced her foot on the ground. 

     She was nervous.

     "My father is," Jenny began, her nerves shaking her a bit more, "Lucifer."

     Gasps built up upon gasps as shock flew around the room. Jenny avoided eye contact with everyone, she couldn't even look my sister in the eyes. I couldn't help it. My knees bucked beneath my weight and I was suddenly falling. I fell on my knees, David next to me, his hand grasping my upper arm so my knees wouldn't be badly bruised from the fall. It felt like time was slowing down and the only thing I could think of was Lucifer. He was the man who forced my sister into killing and taking away her Seeker bond to not killing innocents one by one. He was the man that ruined her and made her into the ruthless women she was today. He was the one that took her away from me when I desperately needed her. 

     Suddenly, there was a face in my vision. She, too, was on her knees and holding my hands. Her color changing eyes brought me out of my reverie. 

      "Cassidy, look at me," Christina's voiced called out to me. Her voice was smooth and worried, but no matter what, just staring at her made me more calm. I stared into her orbs of eyes and watched them magnificently change pigments. From a soft and warm look, to a sharp and cold look, and so on and so on.

     "I'm fine," I found myself saying. I was able to feel and able to shake my hands and slowly stand up. I stumbled a bit, but with Christina's and David's help, I was able to stand up. I looked at Jenny and I saw worry etched on her face but as we made eye contact, the worry dispersed and was replaced with a masked face. If I hadn't seen the worry, then I would have believed that she had no feelings for me, but that wasn't the situation.