Chapter 8 - City Lights

Cassidy's P.O.V.

PICTURE OF RICK ON THE SIDE

      After Alpha Autumn had told me that we were going to Las Vegas to search for my sister, the both of us walked back up to the mansion and joined everyone in the backyard. Every pack that had came for the celebration, were, well, celebrating. Tables lined up in the middle of the grass, full of food. Kids ran around, screaming playfully as some of the freshly shifted older kids chased them around in their wolf forms. Adults stood around, laughing and mingling while watching their kids with light and happy eyes. Teenagers were walking around in bathing suits, all going down to the private beach before they leave tomorrow and go separate ways. Other non-social teenagers sat around, enjoying a good book and had music plugged into their ears. I think I even spotted Luca and Lani, Alpha Autumn's little brother and sister, showing off their wolf form.

     "Cassidy Ruth?" someone called. Alpha Autumn and I stopped walking and turned around. My eyes nearly popped out of my skull when I saw Alphas' and Luna's standing all behind me. They all gave me a sad smile.

     "It was nice to see you again, Cassidy. It's been awhile since...since your father's death," slowly said one Alpha. His voice was gruff and deep. I gave him a small smile.

      "It's nice to be back," I replied. They all bid me goodbye and walked away. I turned around to look at Alpha Autumn, my heart silently aching. Like always, my parents and family will always be a soft spot. Alpha Autumn gave me a sad look.

     "I'm sorry, I told them to not do something silly as this," she apologized. I shook my head.

     "It's fine. It's still a sore subject for me, that's all," I explained. She chuckled softly.

     "I know what that feels like. Whenever someone mentions my mum, I get teary eyed," she said, her eyes getting a far away look. I agreed with her. I breathed in and stopped the tears from flowing out of my eyes. 

     "C'mon," gestured Alpha Autumn. I nodded and followed her into the kitchen, where everybody was. Keith was joking around with Travis and Rick, standing by the door that opened to the balcony. Peter's arm was wrapped securely around May's waist as she leaned into him. The both of them were talking to Saxon, Nick, Leo, and Seth. Lucas was standing to the side, laughing with Adam, Derek, and David. Noah and Jesse were standing with Alala and her mate, Drake Everett, who was scowling at Noah and Jesse at the joke that they had made about him. I had forgotten briefly that Noah and Jesse were also part vampire. 

     Alala must've sensed me and Alpha Autumn walk in, because the moment we walked through the corridor, she turned towards us and grinned. She walked over towards us and gave me a bright grin.

      "Are you excited to leave tomorrow?" she asked. I just shrugged.     

     "I honestly feel nervous more than happiness," I answered truthfully. Alpha Autumn and Alala just chuckled.

     "Cass, you're going to be fine. You're going to have all of us with you," she said, gesturing around the kitchen. I chuckled at the amount of bodies in this room. Our group was getting too big. 

     "I know, but what if she doesn't like me?" I asked. Alala and Alpha Autumn shared a look, before they looked back over at me.

     "She won't Cass. She's your sister, I doubt she'll push family away, especially since she didn't get to meet her real family yet," explained Alala. I just looked at her, before I looked down at my mum's protecting journal. I placed the cup of tea that I had totally forgotten about on the table and ran my thumb over the dark leather that decorated the journal.