Just A Dream

I shoot up in bed, breathing hard. Sticky sweat runs down my body, my hair feels like one hot matted blanket. 

I must of made a ruckus cause the next thing I know, my dad is bursting through the door. 

"What's wrong?" my dad asks, walking over to my bed. 

"Itwasanightmare...Axelcame,youwerethere,andyoudied!" 

"What? Did you say that I died?" he asks, stepping closer. 

I nod my head. He sits at the end of my bed. I feel tears streaming down my face. 

He moves closer and wraps his arms around me. "Shh, it's  okay. I'm here." 

"I don't want to leave you. Now that I actually have a family, I don't want to leave." I pause for a moment trying to catch my breath. "We have to tell Axel where I am. He deserves to know." 

"There comes a time in everyone's life, where they have to leave there loved ones. It's what's best." My dad says. 

I pull back. "Dad, what are you talking about. I'm not going anywhere. You aren't going anywhere!" 

"Child calm down." he says and pulls me back into a hug. "I have a surprise for you." 

"What?" I ask.

"You go shower, and change. Then I will meet you in the dinning hall, where your surprise is." 

"Okay?" I say.  He leaves, and I do what I'm told. Once I finish my hair, and head down stairs. 

I hear noise as I get closer. 

It's two voices, I can't tell what they are saying or who it is. I open the door, and see the best surprise ever. 

"Oh my GOD!!!" I say and run into his arms. He chuckles as he wraps his arms around me. "What are you doing?" I look up at my brother. 

"Your father called me. He decide that it's best for you to come home." 

I stare at both of them in confusion. 

Dad chuckles. "Turns out it's harder to reach the Prince than it seems. This was the next best option." 

I look at him in confusion. He wants me to go home? 

"What about you guys? What about my sisters? This is my home now." I ask in confusion. 

"You're mother and I agreed that it's best for you to return to your mate. You will always have a home here Carter. But right now, your mate needs you. We want nothing more but to be selfish and keep you in this little family bubble here but you have a duty as Princess to fulfill. You can't very well do it here." 

"Promise me you will always be here. Promise me that we will be in each other's lives." My dad steps closer to me and takes me in his arms. 

"I know it's hard to let go of something good. But we aren't the only ones that need you right now. It's selfish of us, to keep you all to ourselves."

I nod my head and wipe away a tear that was running down my cheek. 

"I will always love you my child. You have a very special place in my heart." He says. 

Rucker clears his throat. "I don't mean to be rude, but I would like to be on the road before dark." 

Dad nods his head. "That's very smart. Carter, why don't you gather up some of your things?" 

I do as I am told. 

I sit on my bed and hold the book I started the night before. I didn't have many things but I did collect a few items, in the few days I've spent here. A book, some old shirts of my mothers. Even a few photos. 

There's a knock at my door, and soon my mom pops her head in. 

"Hey," She says. I look up at her.

"Hi...what's up?" 

She runs her hands over the top of her jeans. "Rucker is waiting downstairs for you. He's such a nice young man. I'm glad you had him, while you were away from us." 

I nod my head. "Yeah, he's a pretty good big brother...."I trail off in thought. Rucker has been a really good brother to me. "I'm almost done, I'll be down in a minute" 

She nods her head and turns to leave but before she does, she comes back over to me. "I know it's hard to leave. Goddess knows I don't want you to leave. Not since I finally have you back but it's the right thing to do." She holds up a crystal necklace. "I want you to have this. Your father gave it to me the night he marked me. It's a family heirloom. His father gave it to his mother and so on. I want you to have it, and give it to your children one day." 

I push it away from me, but she grabs my hands. "I can't accept this. This...this is too much" 

"No, I want you to have it. Something to remember us by. I know it's going to be hard, being away but you've got duties to fill. Just remember we are always with you." 

I nod my head and take the necklace, choking back any tears in my eyes. 

"I'm going to miss you guys." 

"I will miss you too. Good thing phones exist." She says with a laugh and I can't help but laugh with her. "Come visit us anytime." 

"I will." 

She leaves as I finish packing up my things. And soon, I'm ready to go. 

I walk the staircase to downstairs, and find them waiting by the door. Before I could leave, I give both my parents hugs and they kiss both of my cheeks. 

They wave at us from the door way as we walk to the car. "Don't forget to text me when you get home!" Mom calls after me. I chuckle, so not used to having such caring parents. 

I buckle myself in. 

"You ready to go?" Rucker asks me. I tell him yes, even though it pains me to leave them once again.