You Dont Even Have To Ask Twice

The morning is bright when I wake up but I am quick to get a jump start on my day. Axel isn't here this morning. He had a early meeting the palace, out the door before the sun rose but understandably so because of the long drive ahead. 

I was a little worried about him today to say the least. Axel didn't react well to the invasive reporters and honestly rightfully so. It's something that we might always have to deal with but it certainly wasn't a fun thing. The public is hungry for information about us but what they don't realize is that the more that they pry, the more we hide away. These past few months has given me a new view on the situation. I can't say I blame our royal descendants for using the palace as a decoy and a way to have some privacy. 

It doesn't take me long to get showered and ready for the day. Time seems to slip away when I am deep in thought. 

It had been a few weeks since we learned about Alice and Mark's engagement. Engagements for the Royals always seem to be a whirlwind. For now, Alice has decided to keep it private but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it's not long until someone leaks the news. Anything for a bit of press and a chunk of money. 

Alice arrives and we don't waste any time getting on the road. It's about a 45 minute drive to the Capital. The Capital is also were the- our palace is located. That will never not sound weird to me. 

The city is forever changing with the times and quickly at that. It's already gone through 3 trends before we even hear about the first in the country side. The tall skyscrapers are dedicated to the center of the city. The buildings consist of offices, business, street side coffee shops. 

As you further from the center of the city, you get to more local and small businesses. More supermarkets, department stores, along with the residential area completing the outer edge. 

With the highway running through the heart of the city, it's quick and easy to get around. The palace is placed towards the outer edge on the north side of the city. A testament to the power it holds, watching over the land and the people within it.

We take a driver today on our expedition to the city. I've always enjoyed driving, it's a way of soothing and clearing my mind but Axel didn't allow that today. To use the "allow" is probably harsh. I understand the security threat we have today so I just try my best to ease his mind and go along with him suggestions. 

We arrive at a high-class designer shortly after we reach the city. The designer is none other than Henry Mack. Henry is a legend in the werewolf world. He has designed dresses for the royal family for what seemed like centuries. At this point it is a tradition to go to him for our apparel needs. 

As the car pulls up to the curb, right outside the front door, I can't help but think about when it's my turn to be picking out the wedding dress. As if Alice can read my thoughts she says, "It won't be long until we are here for you." 

I smile at her warmly just as my door is opened by our driver. I take a step out and the chilly air hits my face quickly. It almost takes my breath away. I steady myself on the sidewalk as our security team pulls up behind us. 

In a whim, Alice and I are ushered into the sleek sky-scrapper. 

"Ladies! Welcome to my store." Henry Mack, himself says. He holds up his hands, pulling our attention towards all of the dresses around us. He clasps his hands together before speaking again. "Ah where are my manners? Forgive me." He then proceeds to bow before us. 

We both give him a gracious look. Alice takes my hand and we sit on the white studded couch behind us and Henry takes a spot on the chair across. Henry is about to speak again when one of his employees comes up and whispers in his eye. He dismisses her and she is quick to exit the room. "It appears your other guest has arrived." 

I give him an odd look before transferring my gaze to Alice. She's got a warm smile on her face. It's the clicking of high heels that takes my attention off of her. I look over at the door and Winter is walking towards us. 

I stand to my feet and meet her halfway. 

I gasp. "What! I can't believe you are here!"

She laughs. "Alice invited me!"

I hug her. "I missed you so much!" As of late, Winter and Taylor, Axel's Gamma, have been traveling on our behalf. With so much to do in the coming months and Alice's wedding as well, we didn't have the time to go. I felt guilty at first, sending others to do our errands but both Winter and Taylor were thrilled when we told them. They had added extra time to their trip to make a stop at Winter's home pack, the Fangthorn Pack.  

"You will have to tell me all about your trip"

We return ourselves to the couch, joining Alice. Henry smiles graciously at us. "Shall we get started?" He asks. 

The day was filled with endless dresses. Henry had took the time to hand design 25 dress all for Alice and even a few for me. In the end, Alice looked beautiful in each of them but there was only one dress that took our breath away. It wasn't hard to know that was the one. 

It wasn't until 1:30 that we left Henry Mack, thanking him as we leave. We approach the door and it was no secret that we were here. A crowd had gathered outside the front door and my security team fighting to take control of them. 

Alice and Winter are the first ones to the door. I was about to open it for myself when I heard someone clear their throat. I look back in confusion. 

Henry was there with a dress bag draped across his arms. He bows slightly, holding the dress out to me. "For your coronation, my Queen." 

I step closer to him, unzipping the dress bag while he continues to hold it. It's a elegant, red dress. Red symbolizes power in our pack. It's very traditional for Royals to wear but it has to be earned. It's rare to see a Royal wearing red at their coronation. 

"But, I haven't earn this yet." I tell Henry with confusion in my voice. He is quick to shake his head. 

"My Queen, you have done more than you've known. You've saved this kingdom from a blood hungry King." Axel's dad. I am at a lost for words so I simply reach out to accept the dress him his hands. 

"My Queen." My security guard stops me. "It is forbidden for another male to touch the Royal Queen. Allow me to take the dress for you."

I take a step back and nod at him. "Yes, right. Thank you."