No Flash Photography Please

"My Queen! What happened to you!" someone asks, while someone else asks "Did they hurt you?"

The questions keep coming. "Enough!" a powerful voice yells through out the room. I snap my eyes to Axel, as he scowls at the people. "Your Queen has been through a lot, please give her respect and be kind." Axel says to the crowd, they all bow their head in submission.

"First question," I say and they all start to raise their hands. I just randomly pick one.

"My queen! First off I would like to say, I'm glad you are safe!"

"As am I," I comment. He smiles. "Who kidnapped you?" He continues not bluntly at all. 

"Um, my family. My real family. I know it might be hard to believe and honestly I'm still trying to believe it all myself." I say. "Next question." I say and scan the room. Again, I pick a hand.

"Yes?" I ask. She smiles at me.

"How does it feel to have a tragic thing happen, and when you come back you are the Queen? And how do you feel about what King Axel did? And is there a wedding in the works?"

Overwhelmed by the amount and severity of the questions, I glance at Axel. The pain in his eyes causes me to proceed with cation. I look back at the crowd.

"Coming back and being thrown into this position, it is a big change. But I'm ready for anything. And even though it might not always be good, I will always stand by whatever Axel does. Challenges have always been apart of our culture. It's our history. As much as we all would want the secession to be based off of old age or being ready for the throne, that's not what happened. This isn't the first time secession to the throne has happen this way. But I trust my mate and the decisions that he makes. He doesn't think irrationally. I encourage you all to find your trust in the King as well. He will take care of us not just because it's his job but because he wants too." I quickly glance at Axel before continuing. His face is hard to read. "As for a wedding, you will have to wait and see." I say and look at Axel again, this time he has love in his eyes.

The crowd uproars with more questions but my focus is on my mate.I walk to him. When I reach him, he holds out his arms. I walk into them.

"I love you so much."

Axel takes my hands, and we leave. He pulls me into the hall, and pulls me. He seems to know where he wants to go. 

"Axel, where are you taking me?" I ask him. He turns his head with a smirk. "You'll see." he says. He pulls me into a garden with beautiful flowers. I look around, trying to take in as much as possible. Axel stops, and I see that we are in another private section, of the garden.

He pulls me over to a bench.

"What are we doing out here?" I ask, still looking around.

"I just wanted to talk, and I've been planning to bring you out here for a while, but that didn't happen."

"Oh," I say, looking down at my shoes.

Axel wipes a tear from my cheek. "Hey, don't cry. I didn't want to make you cry."

"I know, it's just hard. Being away from you was hard." I say.

"I know, and I felt the same. But now, we are together again. And I'm never letting you go." He says and pulls me into him. He kisses the top of my head. "I love you so much it hurts." He says.

"I love you even more." I whisper. I feel Axel move and pull something out of his pocket.

"I wasn't planning on giving this to you just yet, but I feel it's the right time." He says and pulls out a little box.

I gasp, and move back a little.

"I know, with everything that is going on, it would be a lot to get married. But I still want to give you this ring, to show you how much I love you, and that I will always be there for you." He says and opens the box. It's a promise ring. "My grandpa gave me this ring when I was 16 saying that when I find my mate, I shall love her forever. He told me that he wants you to have it." He says, looking into my eyes. I put a hand over my mouth.

"So will you do the honor of wearing my ring?" He asks.

I'm speechless. Unable to form any actual words, I just nod my head yes. He smiles in relief and let's out a breath. Was he nervous?

He takes my left hand, and slips on the ring. I smile at him, he smiles back.

"I love you." I say. He pulls my chin forward and kisses me. It's sweet, and loving.

Someone coughs, and we break apart. I look over and see his mom standing there. I feel my cheeks get bright red.

"Mother," Axel says, wrapping an arm around me. I snuggle into the protection of his body.

He chuckles. His mom smiles down on us.

"What are you two kids up too?" she asks.

"Nothing much." Axel says.

"Oh, well your grandparents want to get together for supper. You should be there."

"I don't know, Mom. Carter isn't feelin-"

"Axel," I growl, frustrated that he is trying to use me as an excuse. We make eye contact.

I look at her, "We will be there." I say with a smile. She smiles back.

"But until then, Carter and I want some alone time." Axel says.

"Of course." She says and leaves.

I get a call on my phone. I answer it without looking. "Hello?" I say.

"Carter!" I hear Rucker's voice come from my phone. I smile.

"Rucker! What's going on?"

"Oh, nothing just saw your press release. You handled it very well."

"Thanks," I say with smile. I glance at Axel, and see his impatient eyes. I grab his hand and squeeze it. "Um, Rucker. I don't mean to be pushy but me and Axel have something to finish up. So-"

"Oh, I understand. Um, I just called to invite you and Axel over for the weekend." Rucker explains.

"That sounds great. Yeah, I'll have to check with our people, but we will try to come."

"Okay, well have fun. And I'll talk to you later."

"Okay, bye." I say.

After we hang up, I turn to Axel.

I smile at him.

"So what was that about?" he asks.

"Um, that was Rucker. He invited us to come stay with them this weekend."

"Babe, remember what happened last time?"

"And remember that I came back. I will always come back to you Axel. You are my one and only."

He pulls me closer and puts a kiss on my forehead. "I love you too,"