Motherly Duties

A few days pass in bliss and I find myself learning more and more about the pack members everyday. Everyone is so different and yet so important to this pack. They all have a purpose. My relationship with them has significant changed since I first got here. With the new Monarch, I think we are all able to relax just a little more. That is beside Axel.  

I spend a few hours in the library everyday simply getting lost in all the books. Today is no different than the days prior. I find myself in the library before noon. I've started a new novel since finishing my other one last week. After an hour or so of reading, I begin to lose interest and decide to head back to my room. 

I walk into our suite and hear some ruffling in the closet. That's when I find Miss Lorie in my clothes. I know where Kayla gets her looks. They are spitting images of each other. Kayla and I have began to grow close. She has been spending her morning break with me in the library. We've discovered that we have so much in common. It makes the days here easier. 

"Miss Lorie, may I ask why you are in my closet? Or in our personal quarters without permission."

"I'm sorry, I was told to pack a bag for you."

"What? Who told you that?" I ask.

She chuckles. "Your mate."

"Oh, um. Continue I guess, I'll be right back." I say and start for Axel's office. When I get to Axel's office and he is doing some paperwork at his desk.

"Hey," I say as I come into the room.

He looks up and smiles. "Hey,"

"So, why are the maids packing our stuff up?"

He smiles. "I thought about what you said about going to your brother's house, and I think we should go. I know that I was busy last weekend and we weren't able to go but I feel we should go now before winter comes. That's when things with the coronation and business in general will swamp my time." He says and I start squealing. "But we have to bring a few guards."

"Alright, I can handle that." I say with a huge smile. I lift my hands up to indicate that I would like a huge. He picks up on my clue and gets up. I'm quick to get into his arms. 

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

He laughs. "No problem. Now, I have some work to finish before our trip..."

"Yeah, okay. I'll see you later," I say. "I'll just go call my brother."

"Okay, goodbye my Rose." He says as I leave. I walk back to my room, and watch Lorie as I call my brother.

"Alpha Mathes," He says when he accepts my call.

"Rucker!"

"Oh, hey Carter."

"What's up?"

"Nothing much, just finishing some paper work." Rucker responds.

"Fun. Anyway, I was calling to tell you that Axel and I found sometime to come this weekend."

"That's great. We were hoping to have you over again, before you get too busy."

"Yeah, that's probably a good idea." I say with a laugh. "It's still unreal that I'm the Queen."

"I knew that you were going to do great things."

"Thanks, it's means a lot."

"Yeah, that's what I'm here for. Anyway, I have to go. See you soon!"

"Bye," I say as I hang up.

At that time, Lori comes back into the room.

"Miss Carter, what do you think about this dress for you trip." She asks. I turn and look at it. "Perfect."