-제 3 장-

"He lives with you?!"

Jaehwa choked on her cola, as Wendy slowly explained the current situation in her household.

"Calm down, you know I've been wanting a roommate since year One, and you can't be because your dad just goes 'Living alone is too dangerous' blah blah blah~" Wendy tried lifting the heavy atmosphere, but her smile and laugh was too weak.

"He lives with you, you're a High School girl! Plus, you only met him this morning! What if he does something to you?" Jaehwa asked, emphasising her last point.

"I don't care! The kid needed a place, and I had one!" Wendy was slowly losing it, as Jaehwa noticed.

"Okay, sorry... anyway... this is interesting. We're 'involved' with the cool gang. I finally have a rep." As usual, popularity hungry Jaehwa only cared about 'rep'. She strongly wanted to be an actress, so she took her ambition to her young age and relied on 'rep'.

"More like, you finally have Seokmin," Wendy wiggled her eyebrows, earning a smack in the head from Jaehwa.

Everyone knew Jaehwa and Seokmin had the hots for each other, but Jaehwa was stuck in 'playing hard to get' and Seokmin was half of Dumb and Dumber. (The other half being Soonyoung, as the whole universe understood.)

The day ended fairly quickly as usual and Wendy found herself walking home with now the most popular guy in school. Jeonghan.

"So... Pres..." His stretched out words made her nervous, but she clenched her teeth and waited for his sentence.

"Are you making lunch?"

(Wendy = Mindblown)

"Uh...no...why?"

"Great! Then, change into something nice after we reach home, I'm taking you out for lunch,"

Wendy shot him a confused look, arching a brow.

" A gift of appreciation,"

Appreciation my ass. I saw how you melted into a mess when I talked to you, Pres. Don't deny it, you're just like any other girl.

" Appreciation? Don't think I'd take your tale, Pretty Boy. I won't melt into a puddle of goo for you any day," she sassed him back, leaving him stranded in the middle of the street, shocked.

In all honesty, she would melt into goo for him. He's practically a candy wrapped in long hair and a charming smile.

But his words of appreciation shook Wendy back to her past, making her grit her teeth and question her big heart.

~

"I'm making lunch,"

"Hmm... I wanted to take you to Olive Garden today,"

"Keep your cash, I treat people, not the other way around."

She kept a surprisingly good poker face, catching the boy off guard as she stirred the ramen stew.

"Are you mad at me?"

"No," she huffed, taking a sharp breath of air , "I just don't like the term appreciation,".

Just like that Wendy crushed Jeonghan's spirit of playing her out of her game. There was one big weakness of Wendy that she didn't know, but she protected.

Jeonghan didn't remember the specific incident, but he knew that Wendy was a hard hitter.

She was all princessy, but her facade was just a mere output to her being a princess with a sword.

She hated sugar coated words.

~

Flashback

Age 15
Year One

"You can always trust me, baby,"

He whispered in her ear, making her break into a fit of giggles.

They complimented each other so well. He was the jock, she was the simple girl, a freshman.

He was just like any other, playing the girls out of their own games. She was merely a student leader, with only a badge but since then she'd been a great display of leadership.

He used her.

He cheated her.

He played her.

Her game was simple, to become the president.

He said he'd 'help' her. But he used her. To get out of detention. To get out of trouble. In return, she gained popularity.

His words were all so sugar coated.

But sugar coating bullshit didn't make it a brownie.

He graduated in her Year Two, the break up ending with a tight slap and a simple but cruel,

"You can't do it, little girl,"

~

She sat back in her bedroom after lunch, reminiscing the boy that made her to what she was. She was now worlds apart from what she was two years ago, a nerd, a quiet wallflower. She was now a confident, daring, bold and loud council president. Yet she kept her poise.

"Jung Daehyun..."

The name made her want to choke, a cold tear running down her cheek.

~

Jeonghan laid on his bed, trying to remember the very incident that made him want to 'play' with Wendy.

But his definition of play wasn't Jung Daehyun's definition. Jeonghan wanted to truly protect this cinnamon roll called Wendy. Daehyun just wanted out.

"Jung Daehyun."

Him. Yes, him. He was part of a gang. B.A.P or some bullshit like that.

He was Wendy's boyfriend, I think.

"Tch!" Jeonghan clicked his tongue, now realisation hitting him.

Because of this Daehyun, Wendy was harder to take care of. That's why he hated her so much. She only made life harder for herself, therefore making life harder for him too.

But a little part of him wanted to where that dickhead went, he wanted to just shove a shoe up his nose.

An unfamiliar feeling rose to make his heart beat faster, but then interupted by Wendy entering his room.

"Let's go to Olive Garden,"

~

Hope you enjoyed! I will update soon!

xoxo
Author-nim.