Chapter 10: Bye Bye Everyone!

Caroline's POV

"What am I gonna say to Mom? I'll obviously miss her and Dylan. But to provide them, I need a job. And this job is providing me with everything! Money, house, all the basic necessities and that too in such a short time. I have to be thankful to him. What will Mom say about this?" I was freaking out and screaming at Katherine who came to see me. Daniel's bodyguard was helping me pack while Kate was sitting on my bed, busy texting on her cell! Not even paying any attention to me!

"KATHERINE!" I screamt out of anger and annoyance at her disinterest.

"Chill babe! There's nothing to worry. Say that your moving into your boss's building since it will be easy for you to work. And you can be called into work anytime. Like even in the midnight. So just say that your boss insisted. She'll understand." Said Kate.

"But remember to say 'building', don't mention his room or his house." Said Sam, short for Samuel, Daniel's bodyguard obviously, who has already become like a best friend to me and Kate, I think he might be in his late twenties.

I just nodded my head to everything they said. Well that was a good idea. But I just did'nt want to leave mom so soon. I mean she looks like she's in her own world of thoughts. It's almost one and a half month since dad left us. We've never been apart. Dad never let me move into my own apartment, though he had gotten me one.

Right now, Mom is roaming around, I think. I think! Coz before going to the office I said mom to go roam around for a while that would help in refreshing her mind. So she'll be at the house after picking Dylan.

Well actually Mom loved the house. Did'nt think Daniel would put so much effort in finding such an apartment for me! Anyways I think she'll be here by now, I'm done with packing. Anyways I did'nt have much to pack. I mean clothes and shoes? Yeah, alot! But it's not like I'm shifting furnitures or something.

"Sam, you can keep those bags in the car, I'll be there in five, I think Mom is on her way so I'll inform her and then we can leave." I said to Sam.

"Actually no.... I got a call from Mr.Rochester, he said he'll pick you. So, I'll have to leave alone." He said. And I knew Daniel was definitely upto something by the look on Sam's face. And Mom came at the same time with Dylan behind her so I did'nt get a chance to ask him about it.

Mom looked around the living room suspiciously. "Why are all these bags... " she was asking me with her eyes. And I lowered my eyes! No matter what but whenever I have to lie I don't know I just keep quiet.

And you know the best part? People believe me only when I lie. They don't believe me at all when I tell them the truth.

I don't know when and where but I have to be thankful to Kate for being in my life. She is always there to rescue me.

"Awww how's my child Katherine? It's been a long time since I've last seen you child" my mom went to hug Kate.

"I'm fine, my dearest Aunty Sophie" Kate said while hugging. "But we're gonna miss Carol now" I narrowed my eyes at her while she pulled out of the hug and made a fake sad face.

"Why? Are you leaving somewhere Carol?" Mom asked again.

"Actually yes" we all whipped our heads to a high pitched head. There stood my sexy man. 'MY MAN' where did that come from Carol? I asked myself.

I felt like was spell bound. I looked away from him only to see that everyone's eyes are on me!
Kate was smirking and Mom gave me a knowing smile.

"He's the man right?" Kate screamt and Daniel chuckled at it. And everyone started laughing. What's so funny!?

"Oh dear! You should've told me you wanted to move in with your boyfriend" Mom said with fake hurt and smiling all the way.

"Oh no! He's the boss" Kate said in a singsong voice.

"Yeah! She's right" I said finally finding my voice.

"So you're saying he's not your boyfriend?" Mom asked as if daring me to deny that.

"Of course not. We thought, now that we'll be working together. Staying together will make it much easier." And all this was said by that Arrogant Asshole!

"You must be Mrs.Brook" said Daniel while extending his hand for mom.

But instead she pulled him into a hug and said "It's Sophia for you dear"

"Thank you so much! But we are in a hurry and I have to leave! Actually we have to be somewhere if you don't mind?" He said almost a question.

"Oh not at all. No problem. If Caroline has finally moved on with you then I know you're the right guy for her. Atleast you'll keep her away from her nightmares-" Obviously she was gonna continue so I interrupted her.

"Mom, I think we'll leave-" and I was cut off by my sweet little brother.

"Wait. What's your name?" He asked Daniel in his cute voice.

"Daniel Rochester. I feel like I'm back to my nursery class" he said which made Dylan extremely mad since he hates people calling him a kid and Daniel indirectly did exactly the same.

Dylan narrowed his eyes but said "You're good looking, handsome. You're one of the richest business man. You love her. And she loves you. So what more could my sister want for. I approve of you but take care of my sister otherwise my fist is gonna meet your jaw and I'll modify your pretty face" he said in an elderly tone.

'How does Dylan know that Daniel is rich?! And love....?? We are far from it! Am I never gonna get love?! I was brought back from my thoughts when mom hissed "Dylan! Where did you learn that from?"

"It's alright. You don't have to worry. I'll take good care of her" Daniel said with a smile.

"Good! I like you coz your not scared of me" Dylan said and everyone burst out laughing including me.

We said our quick goodbyes to everyone and left. We were sitting in his car on the way to his house when I tried making a conversation.

"I could have come with Sam, you did'nt have to come all the way to my house to just pick me." I said to him.

"It's ok. I'll help you unpack" he said.

"Why are you being so nice all of a sudden?" I asked.

Daniel's POV

She's right! Why am I being so nice? I mean.... we had a one night stand and that's why I thought I could help her financially. I'll have her until I can get her out of my system.

I've slept with the same girl maximum ONCE! Caroline seems like a drug to me. I look at her and she is still waiting for me to answer.

"Oh wait! Why did you tell everyone that I'm your girlfriend?!"

"Can't you atleast keep quiet until we reach my penthouse? And one more thing. I did'nt say that. Everyone just assumed that we are an item so went along with it." I said.

She huffed and turned towards the window.
Yes! We're going to the my penthouse. I've never brought a girl to my mansion. Caroline was the first girl. She is changing my ways. And I don't want that. So, like everyone even she'll stay in the penthouse with me. And after sometime she can go back and stay with her mom and still continue to work for me.

'Nice plan!' I say to myself.

************************************

So sad Caroline..... to his dirty penthouse?!

What do you think about this chapter?
I'm going slow and too fast as well with the story.

Hope you're all enjoying it..
Do'nt forget to Follow! Vote! And Comment!

And share the story!
Love you all..... :-* :-* :-*

************************************