Chapter 37: A Step Ahead

Daniel's POV

"Cara!? Cara?" I called out but there was no reply from her and I quickly caught the phone that was falling from her hand. "Sam! Get the car started!" I shouted at him picking her up in my arms with Maria following behind. "Caroline! Babe! Wake up baby....." I tried talking to her in a soft voice. But no.. she didn't wake up. May be like last time.. the same thing happened the last time I fought with her. When we got to know that she's newly pregnant. What if I loose her? Have I stressed her out too much? Fuck! Why did I have to be so angry with her?! It was just a fucking dress that she changed only because I didn't give attention. I shouldn't have neglected her like that!

"We're here" Sam announced.

Sam held me back when I tried to get in the room the doctors took my Cara.

Almost after half an hour the doctors came out saying she's fine. "Then why the hell did she faint if she's fine?"

"Yes, she is absolutely fine now Mr.Rochester. Last time she was here, I guess she had suffered dizziness due to low blood pressure. Correct?" He asked for confirmation and I nodded to it. "It is the same case again. She's been stressed, causing the low blood pressure. And to top it, I guess she hasn't been eating well. She has to stay healthy and eat healthy. Or it might cause danger to the baby. It is a case of hyperventilation during pregnancy, it cannot be taken lightly. But for now she's fine, I suggest you try to keep her away from the stress as much as you can. And it's also a hormonal problem during pregnancy to overthink things." I nodded trying to grasp everything. I feel like I really did neglect Cara a lot. I don't even know a thing about pregnancy or her habits. "It might be surprising for you to hear this. But most women go into depression just thinking that their husbands or partners don't compliment them anymore, or pamper them. They over analyze each and every thing. So I'd like to warn you already. Anyways she'll be awake in an hour or so." He said and was about to leave.

"Can I go see her? I mean I'll just go sit next to her" I asked the doctor hoping it won't be a problem and that Cara will still be fine.

"Oh! Of course, but please do go alone or in pairs. I'd don't want you to crowd her and suffocate her" He said and left.

"That is true Sir, she hasn't been eating at all. Yesterday's food was completely untouched." Maria said with true concern etched on her face.

"She didn't eat last night? But I told her to have it!" I said. Crazy Girl! She didn't have dinner last night.

"And she might have been stressed Sir. That is as of I've observed. Last time also she was trying to get out of the house angrily. But I didn't have to try much as she went back into her room herself and then you came and managed the situation. And today she came running to find you. I even called you after that, but no use she still wanted to see you first. She's been too stressed." Maria concluded with a sad sigh.

"Sam...The phone! Her phone!" I whispered to myself and pulled out her cell from my suit pocket.

That's it! The messages. That's what has got her worried. But who the hell is this!? He can definitely not escape now. He has threatened my Cara! I threw the cell at Sam which he caught very easily. "Trace that number." I said and quickly went in to sit beside Cara who was already stirring.

Struggling to get up but finally opened her eyes. "Daniel....?" She asked.

"Cara. yeah I'm here. How are you?" I asked. Then she looked away and just nodded. "Not talking with me?" I asked with a slight smile. "I should be the one angry with you! I asked you to have dinner right? Then why didn't you eat last night?" I asked softly not trying to scare her.