Chapter 24: Proof!

I loved you, was'nt it enough?

Caroline's POV

"What the fuck Daniel?! I'm not getting married to you" I yelled at him and he looked amused.

"Yes sweetheart you are. And very soon...!" He said in a sing song voice. "And moreover your pregnant with my child. I don't want others to call him names. He'll be my legitimate child!" He said seriously this time. God he's so sick.

"No! And what do you mean by 'him' 'he'? One! It could be a girl. And two! AM NOT PREGNANT!! AND AM NOT MARRYING YOU!!" I was still screaming at him out of panick. You know it should get through his thick skull right. Here I was still thinking what I am to him and this asshole wants to marry me already.

"Why are you so against about marrying me?" He said with a fake sad smile, teasing me.

"And why are you so happy about my pregnancy? I thought you'd hate the baby" I too said with a fake sweet voice, rolling my eyes.
"Wait! Did you already know about my pregnancy? I just found out... I mean I myself got the doubt just a few hours ago. It can't be possible that anyone would tell you or you heard someone. You........ You purposely did'nt wear a condom right!?" I asked him... first he was shocked as well but then he had a sheepish smile on.
"Asshole! You should have asked me first that if I wanted a baby. Asked me? Hell! With all the money you have you could have hired someone for that. I'm not even ready. What if I really am pregnant huh?" I said and started crying while he hugged me and just let me cry in his arms saying sweet words in my ear.

"I'm sorry. I guess I was in a hurry.... why'd you say you thought that I'd hate the baby. Not a chance possible darling! Aaaahh.... Alright. Let's leave the proof for sometime. Uhmmm... do you mind? I mean.. we'll go buy a pregnancy test or do we have to go visit a doctor..? It'll be easier for us if we know accurately right? I mean if your not pregnant we'll accept it and if yes then I'll be with you every step. Don't get scared. I know you're panicking. And you don't need to. But it's ok. I think it's the hormones." He said jokingly, I laughed and hit his chest playfully.

"Yeah. Come let's go" I said pulling his hand and suddenly I stopped him "No wait!"

"What" he asked out of concern.

"Can we send someone to buy those tests? Someone you trust, who won't tell anyone? I mean I feel kind of awkward.. people will all be staring at us and uhm..." I trailed off, not knowing how to continue.

"You shouldn't worry about whatever people say sweetheart. But it's ok, I'll send Sam. He won't tell anyone. By the time he'll be back..... I'll be showing you a surprise proof." He said and took out his phone to call Sam. I was near him but I still could'nt make out what they were talking. Then after the call ended he pulled my hand taking me towards the back gate again. Are we going somewhere? I thought.

But then I failed to see a small room near the gate. Maybe for the watchman or something. We entered the room and many boduguards in complete black stood up. They were towering over me, maybe they could just crush me with a slight push. And they? Stood up as I entered as a sign of respect. Daniel was now holding my waist from behind. Then a fair, large, huge, tall man stood next to Daniel. Daniel instantly shook hands with him.

"Cara meet my childhood friend Mark. Mark, my girlfriend, Caroline" he said gesturing with his hand. What caught my attention was the way he introduced me. Girlfriend? I felt like I was in heaven. I hope it's not an act. Who am I kidding. It is an act!