Chapter 22: Falling Deep into Emotions

"Someday you'll miss her like she misses you.
Someday you'll need her like she needed you.
Someday you'll love her and she won't love you."

Caroline's POV

Hmm... I just could'nt sleep after hearing what Daniel thought about me. It was already 6 in the morning so I thought I could get ready since we'll all be leaving to their private island.

By the time I got ready, it was nine. I know I took my own time. But I was too slow and deep in my thoughts. I was wearing pink shorts with a black sleeveless shirt. And just after I put on my accessories there was a knock at the door. I opened the door only to reveal The Great Mr.Daniel Rochester! He was looking completely hot in his casual T-shirt and jeans. What am I thinking?! I strode past him into the kitchen area to clear my thoughts. And the breakfast was already prepared. And my stomach chose the perfect time to growl. Daniel chuckled and filled a plate placing it in front of me.

"Eat" he said gesturing towards the plate. I pulled my chair to sit, only for him to sit on the chair next to me.

You know everything has a limit. And sometimes it gets quite annoying!
Everytime he does something wrong I always find it in me to forgive him. What he did yesterday saying he does'nt trust me... he did'nt say that exactly. But his hesitance said all that I've to know. And it hurt! Every other time I felt hurt, it was all about me. Saying that I was a one night stand, I was a fling, I'm nothing to him... was fine. But comparing me to some other girl? Did it all.

He trusts her! More than me. Well she once used to be his fiancee, best friend.. and me? I don't even know what I am to him. He did ask me to forgive him that night. He did ask me to give him a chance. But what was that? Are we dating? Am I his girlfriend? Or the contract girl? I can't even call myself his assistant, all his work is done by Sandra.

A hand waving infront of my face brought me back to reality.
"You alright? I called your name so many times and you did'nt reply.." he asked with concern.

And I decided to give him a reply. Since I have no right to be angry with him. Why should I be jealous? He can go with anyone he wants. Neither are we dating nor are we married. I'm not his mistress, or girlfriend or wife!
"Yeah. I'm fine. What time are we leaving?" I asked as though I'm really thinking about it.

"We'll leave as soon as you finish your breakfast" he said with a frown due to my sudden mood change.

"Oh no. I'm done. I'm full" I said with a smile holding my stomach. I think I could have tried being an awesome actress...

"Cara.... you only had two spoons full of scrambled eggs. You haven't even touched those pancakes. Is it because I made them and that's why you don't want to eat?" He asked with a guilty face.

Na-ah. I'm not gonna fall for that face.
"No I'm actually full. I don't feel like eating. And I did'nt know you prepared. I have to say it's better than mine" I said so excitedly trying to avoid the topic.

"Stop changing the topic Cara! That's what I was asking. Where was your mind when I was apologising to you and said that I even made you breakfast. Sorry for yesterday ok...." he asked.

That was not what I was expecting. Not so easily Daniel! He is sorry only because he hurt me with his words. Not because he failed to believe me over her.
"I'm not angry with you. And you don't have to apologise to me. What or Who am I to you Daniel?" I asked and he gave me a quizzical look.
"Exactly. I'm nothing to you" I told him, repeating his words from that night.
"You don't have to give me any kind of explanation alright. Come let's go we'll be getting late otherwise" I said and pulled his hands with me not giving him a chance to speak. Does'nt look like he actually wants to say something.