Chapter 12: Busy Dizzy Day

Daniel's POV

I just finished my lunch meeting and I'm now going back to my office only to see Cara and Sandra entering my office after finally roaming the entire building. And.....

And all the other men are staring at MY Cara!

I fasten my foot steps and reach them. I dismiss Sandra with a hand signal and pull Cara into my office by wrapping my hand around her waist.

She seems shocked! Not exactly shocked but she stiffened.

"Cara...." I say but she just replies with a hmm.

"What has gotten into you? Why are you so silent today huh?" I ask but I know the answer.

"No I'm not. Anyways I have to say, your building is so beautiful as well as the people here. I met Nick and your other friend Alex as well. They were a nice company" she said with a smile not reaching her eyes.

"You met Nick and Alex?" I question and push her away.

I could see the hurt on her face but she quickly masked it. Going back to her old self again.
Well, I don't care!

My secretary, Sandra rushes into my office. "Sir! You have a meeting in half an hour. I'm sorry but Ashlynn just informed me." She said.

"It's ok. I'll handle. You may leave."
She nodded and left soon.

"Listen! Sit here in my office. Dare you take a step outside! I'll be back soon. I don't think this meeting will take that long. So stay here don't move and then we can leave together." I said to Cara in my stern voice. She lowered her head and just nodded.

I know it has not been that good of a day for her. But I just could'nt control myself when I saw her blushing at Nick's comment today morning. And now my entire staff is openly oggling at her! Well I'm definitely not the type to apologise.

I looked at Cara for the last time and left my office room before I could get late.

************************************

I finally get up from the table. The only part I liked was the dinner coz every man around the table just did'nt have any particular valid reason to cancel the deal. Obviously they agreed to my terms at the end.

I go up to my office, Ashlynn is doing whatever crap she wants to do on her cell. I ask her to leave. I see the time is almost half past ten. I open my door......
Oh shit! CAROLINE! I forgot all about her. She slept peacefully on the couch.
I pick her up bridal style and she instantly wakes up.

"It's ok. Go back to sleep." I say softly.
And she does the same with her head and right hand on my chest.

I carry her to my car and settle her on my lap. I love holding her......

Caroline's POV

I can feel someone picking me up, I just open one eye to see who and where. It's Daniel and we are already inside the elevator to our penthouse.
Hmm I'm so tired, I have'nt eaten anything the entire day. I thought to myself and went back to sleep.

I wake up next to Daniel in the same room. It's 7 in the morning. My clothes are changed. Why did HE even bother? Oh I know why... pervert!

I'm hungry. Yesterday that asshole did'nt allow me to have breakfast. I mean obviously he spoiled my mood, my day! And then me and Sandra were still visiting all his floors and by the time we finished, lunch time was over as well. And dinner? I was already sleeping.

I thought to make some breakfast. But what if he screams at me again. I just thought I'll express my gratitude to him for providing me a job and a house. I'm never ever gonna cook for him. I did'nt taste it and that was my mistake. But I don't think it was as bad as he said it was.