Chapter 3

"What's wrong?" Chad asked, looking down at me with concern. "Nothing. Why do you say that?" I say, confused. "I don't know. You stopped kissing me and sort of blanked out." "Oh. I just... I was..." "C'mon, Hayles. You can talk to me about anything." "Yeah. I mean, I just thinking about us." "Us? What about us? Is there something wrong?" "No, no, no, baby. It's the total opposite. I've never felt this way, for anyone else, the way I feel about you. I didn't know that when I turned nineteen, I was gonna end up with someone like you. And little did I know that we would make it into a full year and have me feel like I could just maybe believe in love. And that we'd go through all those years of ups and downs, and come out with two ring fingers and tattoos permanently inked on our skin, for each other. You make me so giddy and happy, and you give me butterflies. I don't know what it is with you, but I can't control myself when you stare at me, like I'm the best thing in this world." "That's because..." I put my finger to his lips and continued. "And after all the bad nights and fights we've had, you've still managed to look past all that and see me as someone you can't live without. It boggles my mind and I don't think I wanna know why. I think I'd be okay with curiosity. But, damn, can you make my heart race. I love you so much and you'll never know the level of love that you've reached for me." "Is it somewhere around infinity and beyond?" "Maybe. I was thinking forever, but yeah, we can go with the Buzz Lightyear slogan." "Yeah, I like that better." "I love you better." "I love you better than you love me better." "Yeah, right." "Haha. Thanks for making me feel so loved, baby. But, even with all those words, there'll never be enough to describe your beauty, intelligence, kindness, talent, sexiness, loving touch, and just about everything else that makes you, you." I smiled and hugged him again. "Now, I kinda don't even wanna leave the house. I just want to lay in bed with you. And, like, do stuff..." "What kind of stuff?" I just looked up at him and smirked. "Maybe later tonight." "Maybe?! I've been a good girl." "According to your phone call with Taylor, 'I'm not mean. I'm more like...bad.'" "Whaaat? I never said that." I replied. "Yeah, sure." "If anything, you deserve a maybe." "Me?!" "Yeah, you. You've been bad lately." "You gonna spank me for it?" "No. You'd enjoy it, so no." "If I told you that I wouldn't enjoy it, would you spank me then?" "No." "Why?" "Because I have to get dressed for my outing with Taylor." I replied, mocking him. He rolled his eyes and playfully pushed me away. "Fine, then. Leave me for Taylor. I see how it is." "It is like that." "Oh! Okay. Okay. I see EXACTLY how it is." "Haha. I love yoouuu." I say, fluttering my eyes in an innocent manner. "Shoo, shoo." He replied, waving me away and returning back to the dishes. I poked out my lip and made a puppy dog face. "Fine. Don't love me then. Don't reply to my 'I love you's." I said, turning and walking away up the stairs, in the most teasingly manner, by pulling up my shirt, so he could see my black lace panties. He bit his lip and started making his way towards me. So, I ran up the stairs even quicker and I heard him chasing after me. I ran into our room and closed the door behind me. I tried holding it closed, and I knew that he was stronger than me. But, still, I didn't give up.

"Hayley..." Chad called from the other side of the door. "Yeah?" I replied. "I think my finger got jammed when you closed the door. Shit." I widened my eyes and opened the door to see Chad looking down at his finger in pain. "Which finger, baby?" I asked, holding his hand. "My pinky finger." I held his hand up to my face and kissed his finger. I looked up at him and muttered, "I'm sorry." He started smirking and I was confused, until I closed my eyes, realizing how naïve I was to think that he was really hurt. Before I could open my eyes, Chad had me over his shoulder and making his way over to our bed. I tried kicking my legs and slapping his back with my hands, but, as usual, that didn't help nor didn't faze him. He plopped me down onto the bed and stood at the edge of the bed. I backed away from him up to the headboard.

Sorry it's so short. I'm update again. But, until then, I'll be writing my normally longer chapters.