Chapter 3

"Darling!" Dynasty groaned before sitting down her book and turning her attention to her mother. Her mother was a plump woman, she was round and had a bubbly personality.

"Yes, mother?"

"You've done it! My magnificent daughter, you've truly done it!" Her mother proclaimed cupping her face and planting a kiss against her forehead.

Dynasty couldn't help the giggle that escaped her lips as she pulled away from her mothers grasp. "What exactly have I done?"

"The question is how did you do it?" Her mother asked.

"Mother?"

"Oh it doesn't matter how you did it! You're wonderful darling! Wonderful!"

"Mother! What did I do?"

Her mother gave her a look filled with excitement. "Adam Hugh is smitten with you! You've completely stolen the man's heart!"

Dynasty stared at her mother for a moment before scowling. "Don't say it. I know where this is going."

"He asked your father if he could officially let it be known that he was courting you! Your father agreed!"

"I refuse to be courted by that pig! He's a beast! He's not a gentleman at all!"

Her mother gasped before frowning. "This is your second season and you've already declined multiple invitations from other suitors! You will see him and that is final."

"But I dislike him! I loathe the man! Would you have me see him knowing how much I do not like him?"

"You will stop this nonsense Dynasty! You ruined your first chance for marriage and I won't allow you to ruin your second."

Anger had her face turning red and she stomped her foot childishly.

"Why must I get married? Why can't I live without a husband?" She snapped.

Her mother said nothing. She gave Dynasty a look before saying, "I will not argue with you."

She turned on her heel and stormed out of the library, every step she took echoed down the hall. She did not know what game the man was playing but she would not be tricked into it. She moved toward her fathers study, adamant on getting her way.

She pushed the door open, "Father-," her words trailed off as she realized that her father had company. A frowned crossed her lips as she realized who his company was.

Her face turned red as she bit her tongue. She would not act uncivilized in front of her father.

Adam smiled at her from where he sat. His curly mane spilling over his shoulders as he looked in her direction. His caramel colored eyes seemed to bore into her, ogling her as she stood in the doorway. She felt a blush creeping over her and she sent a glare his way.

"Perfect timing dear! Mr. Hugh will be staying with us for a visit."

She paled. "A visit...you mean he'll be here for a day?"

Adam stood then walking toward her, his steps confident and calm. "Sorry to disappoint, princess. But I'll be here for much longer than a day."

"How long do you intend to stay here?"

He grinned mischievously, "A week."

She gasped, suddenly furious, she turned to her father who was watching them with interest. "Is this true?"

Her father nodded his head yes and before she could stop herself she huffed, her cheeks blotchy with red. "Oh why don't you just feed me to the man!" She snapped.