Chapter 13

"Or should I call you Mrs..." He stopped, his words trailing off.

She blinked back her surprise, her long lashes fluttering against her cheeks. "Mrs. Hugh."

He nodded, a small smile on his lips. "I'm sorry to intrude but I know you won't mind me coming by for...closure."

Dynasty looked up at him, stepping back to let him in. "Closure?" She questioned.

He nodded, his kind eyes dancing with a bit of humor. "Yes, my dear girl, closure. I was quite disappointed to learn that you were married before I even had the chance to court you."

She blushed, suddenly feeling bad for having wasted his time.

"I'm sorry Sir Benedict. I hate that I've wasted so much of your time."

He chuckled, waving her words off. "You needn't worry about that. But I'm merely here to congratulate you and your husband on your union."

She smiled softly up at him. "Thank you, that's very kind of you. I'm afraid Adam-," the door clicking open cutting her sentence short. Adam stepped into the door and froze as he saw the man.

Jealousy exploded within him and before he could stop himself he was moving toward the pair, his eyes glued on Dynasty with a possessive rage. He snatched her back against him, wrapping an arm around her waist.

Dynasty was taken by surprise at the swiftness of his actions but she did not protest. Choosing to enjoy the warmth of being close to him instead.

"What brings you for a visit?" Adam asked, though there was a hint of growing anger in his voice.

Sir Benedict seemed to sense the sudden tension in the air and his smile nearly faltered. "I've merely come to congratulate you on your nuptials. I wish you both a long and happy life." His voice was soft, sincere.

"Thank you." Adam said.

Benedict's smile broadened and he nodded slightly before heading toward the door, leaving them where they stood.

Dynasty felt Adam stiffen beside her and his arm tightened around her. "Why was he here?"

She looked up at him, confusion in her eyes. "He was here to congratulate us..."

Adam grit his teeth, was it possible for a man to be so envious?

He was married to her. In the word of the law she was his. But the image of her laughing and smiling in that man's arms had him fuming. And the fact that she had been alone with him just seconds ago had his blood boiling.

He sighed, the last thing he wanted was to cause an argument. The last thing he wanted was to fight with her. He shook away all his wayward thoughts and he wrapped his other arm around her, pulling her flush up against him. He nuzzled her cheek, kissing her softly as he did so.

She blushed, her cheeks turning a soft shade of pink. "Where did you go?"

He didn't answer her right away, instead choosing to kiss her like a starved man. He dominated her mouth, demanded her lips part with his tongue. She forget all rational thought as he kissed her and kissed her, taking her breath away. She melted in his arms, leaning into him, seeking the warmth he spread along her skin.

And when she could take no more she pulled away, inhaling a deep breath of much needed air. He smiled down at her, finding that he loved the seduction glint in her eyes and the flustered color on her cheeks. He ran a thumb across her lips, reveling in the plumpness of them. Kissing her was quickly becoming a favorite past time of his. Her lashes framed her pale blue orbs like clouds over the evening sky.