Chapter 12

They had come to an unspoken agreement. No matter how much they would argue or fight or throw hateful words at one another the night would always come, bringing them together. They made love almost every night and on those quietly eerie nights they would just hold each other.

Adam found that Dynasty was more than just the cynical beauty he originally thought her to be. Beneath her constant scowls and witty retorts was a woman who yearned to laugh. He had witnessed her lips quirk up in a smile while reading. And the more he pictured that particular memory the more he yearned to see her point that smile at him.

He licked his lips before running a hand through his hair. They had been married for a week and all seven of those days had been filled with constant love making. He stood, making sure to avoid waking Dynasty, her long lashes fanning along her flushed cheeks. Her breathing even. The bed's comforter half off of her, her nakedness seemingly normal.

He was sure she was tired, he had kept her awake for countless hours, though he refused to admit it aloud, he was happy to call her his wife. The possessiveness he felt for her was sated with the simple fact that she was truly his.

He dressed swiftly, pulling on his clothing one piece at a time.

He straightened his coat as he slipped it on. He moved toward the door but froze, suddenly reluctant to leave her. He chastised himself for being so foolish; she wasn't any other woman, she'd be here when he returned. He turned back toward the bed and gently rolled her onto her back. She mumbled something incoherent in her sleep. He smiled down at the innocent look on her sleeping face. Seeing her this way, one would never think she was the stubborn little spitfire that she was.

He cupped the back of her head in his hand, his fingers delving into her soft brown locks. He kissed her then, a soft peck against her already kiss swollen lips. She stayed sleep, her dreams never wavering as he gently laid her back down, pulling the comforter over her body.

With that he walked from the room, leaving Dynasty wrapped up snuggly in the comforter.

Dynasty awoke an hour later, stretching out her sore limbs as she sat up, her hair falling into her face. She blinked away the sleep from her eyes, running her hands through her hair. She searched the room for a moment, realizing that Adam wasn't in bed with her anymore. She frowned but slid from the bed, reaching for her discarded shift and slipping it on over her head. She picked up her dress and scowled as she realized that she couldn't possibly put the dress on without help. She sighed before moving toward the closest and choosing a dress that was easier to put on.

She slipped on a plain blue gown that flared out at the bottom. Then she walked over to the vanity, examining herself. Her cheeks were flushed, her lips were plump and swollen from constant kissing, and her hair was all over the place. She ran her fingers through her hair and began to twist her hair into a loose knot.

The week had been a short one it seemed. Much of her wardrobe had been delivered and they had yet to hire a cook for they had spent most of the week in bed. The thought made her blush crimson and she shook away her wayward train of thought. She slipped her feet into her slippers and headed for the door.  

As she headed down the stairs there was a knock on the door. The knock surprised her and she quickly made her way over to the door, pulling it open.

She paused as her eyes fell upon two twin boys with honey colored skin. She blink, thinking herself crazy. The two boys looked so much like Adam she thought she was imagining them. They were tall, curly haired and had eyes that were like melted chocolate.

Suddenly a very pregnant woman walked up behind them, a soft smile on her face. Dynasty's mouth dropped open as her eyes landed on the woman. It was as if she were looking at a replica of Adam. She thought Adam handsome but the woman in front of her was quite simply beautiful.