Chapter 4

Adam, no matter how playful, was a romantic at heart. He did not deny his constant flirting or the woman that threw themselves at him. He enjoyed it. He immersed himself in the lustful wantings of the woman who threw flirtatious smiles his way and blew kisses in his direction. It had been a while since he had actually yearned for a woman of his own accord. 

Dynasty, despite not wanting it, had all of his attention. He simply could not deny that the stubborn woman had him wrapped her her finger. Every scowl, every witty remark from her lips had him constantly urging her for more. 

"Stop it!" Dynasty snapped at him, her cheeks pink under his intense scrutiny.

He grinned at the heightened  color in her cheeks.

"Stop what?" He teased, his eyes continuing their regular pursuit of her body. 

She glared at him, her dark blue orbs catching fire. "Staring! You're looking at me as if I'm a priced stallion!"

He laughed, every word out of her mouth was always something unexpected. "You're much more appealing to the eyes than a stallion, princess."

She scowled before huffing indignantly. "I can't possibly concentrate on my book with you staring at me that way."

He shrugged before standing, moving toward her and snatching the novel from her hands. 

She gasped, standing up, her eyes spewing fire at him. "I've had just about enough of you! You've been here for two days! And everyday has been pure torture!"

His grinned blossomed into a full blown smile. "I'm wounded princess. But you know things aren't always going to go your way."

She wanted to scream. The man was draining away at her patience. "Stop calling me princess!" She snapped. "And give me back my book!"

She reached for it but he raised his arm, dangling the novel above her head. She shrieked in frustration, unable to hold it in a moment longer. "Oh you loathsome man! What would it take to get you out of my hair?"

He raised a brow as if debating on an answer to her question. The smile on his face disappeared and a smoldering, erotic look took its place.

"You." His voice was husky.

His gaze was piercing.

She blushed, suddenly frozen underneath his intense gaze. "You're such a...a...lecher!"

He smirked at that but still desire danced in his expression. He shrugged, taking a step toward her. "You want me, princess."

Her blush spread and she almost took a step back but froze, deciding to stand her ground. "Give me back my book."

He took another step toward her. He tossed her book and it went flying across the room. She choked on a gasp, "How dare you!" She snapped, pointing a finger at him.

"It was easy." He said, trying to rile her up.

"Oh, I hate you!" She cried, her eyes blazing with passionate fury.

That's what he had been waiting for, that exuberant passion that flared to life within her. He grabbed her arm and yanked her forward, catching her off guard. She fell against his chest and he kissed her. His arms wrapped around her waist. She flailed around in his arms before wrenching her lips away.

"Get off me this instance!" She barked, squirming in his hold.

"Or what?" He asked teasingly.

Before she could stop herself she slapped him, the palm of her hand smacking his honey colored cheek. "Get off me!"