Chapter 2: Summer

Dipper woke up refreshed the following morning. It was summer time! He picked up Journal #3 and recalled the times that he was a young mystery hunter, always on the edge of a new adventure. He was a kid then, oh how he longed for the return of those days again. The door of his room opened.
"Ah, Dipper I'm glad to see you're up." Ford walked in.
"Hey uncle Ford," Dipper said.
"I see you were reading my Journal." He noticed the misplaced Journal on Dipper's nightstand.
"Yeah, just recalling the good ol' days." Dipper picked up the journal.
"Now who's saying you can't get those days back. I mean it's the first day of summer for Pete's sake. Go outside, take the book. Start from where you left off." He said.
"Y'know what I will. Ha. Thanks Ford."
"Anytime Dipper my boy." Dipper ran out of his room with the journal. He got some supplies and headed out on a mystery hunt.
Dipper was deep into the woods turning the pages of his journal.
"Hmn where...."
"Oh hey Dip."
"Ah-ha!" Dipper jumped behind him. He began to slump when he noticed it was Pacifica, not a woodland fairy.
"Ah Dang it!" Dipper remarked.
"Jeez, nerd alert." Pacifica teased.
"Ha ha very funny." Dipper sarcasticly laughed.
"What ya doin?" She asked.
"Mystery huntin."
"Ah, dorky stuff."
Pacifica followed Dipper into the woods.