Chapter 26: Operation

Dipper laid unconscious as he was operated on by surgeons in the room with him.
Pacifica was trying to keep her cool in the waiting room with Trey. They decided to start making their way out because visiting hours were 10 minutes from ending and since they weren't family, they had to leave.
"He'll be fine." Trey found himself repeating.
"I know." Pacifica said with fake optimism.
They had left the hospital and got into Trey's car. Trey dropped Pacifica off at her house before leaving for his. Pacifica entered the Northwest Mansion as the butler at the main gate greeted her. She sat on the couch of her family room and flipped on the TV. To her surprise the Ghostharassers marathon was playing. She started crying because it reminded her of the night with Dipper when this all began. She nearly cried herself to sleep.
Pacifica woke up to find herself still on the couch but repeated this pattern for a week, having no contact with the outside world. She refused to ask anyone for news about Dipper, not know what she would do if someone told her that he didn't make it. She inhabited her couch, doing little of anything besides watching TV and occasionally eating and drinking when necessary.
One morning started as any other. She woke up and remained on the couch until sun peaked through her curtains. That morning was different, as she was startled to hear a knocking on the door. She yawned before standing up to answer the door. She opened the door, closing her eyes as the sun unexpectedly shined through the doorway. When she opened them she started crying. It was Dipper.