Chapter Three

-Aestia POV-

"I'm the map, I'm the map, I'm the map, I'm the map!" I grinned while singing. "I don't know the rest..."

"Yeah, neither do I." Lani spread a red and white checkered tablecloth onto the bright, green, mowed grass. I set the picnic basket down and pulled two sandwiches, two bottles of Coke, and some baby carrots out. A small lunch, and we were starving from walking around and exploring all day.

"So, how do you like the college so far?" I asked Lani, trying to start up a conversation. She swallowed some of her sandwich.

"It's so amazing. It's super cool, but mostly, it's just beautiful. It's exactly what we've been looking for since we were 12."

"I completely agree. We may have started out tough, but we are going to end strong. I promise you that!" I held up my coke bottle, and she clinked it with hers. I finished my sandwich, and we continued to just talk about random things. Maybe 1 hour later, I stood up, stretched, and started rolling up the tablecloth. Lani packed up the picnic basket, and we headed down the hill to go back to our dorms.

-~-~-~-~

"Come on, let's get ready to go down for dinner." On campus, we all ate dinner together, kind of like at Hogwarts. I gave myself beach waves with Lani's curling iron. I applied light browns, bottom eyeliner, and mascara. I think I look pretty nice. I looked over at Lani to see her doing final touches, and then we both got dressed into our dinner dresses. I put on the heels that matched my dress and then walked downstairs, hand in hand with Noelani. We got to the bottom of the stairs and then took the correct route to the dinner hall. We sat down at our house's table right as a big grandfather clock went off, signaling the start of dinner.

Hundreds of maids came flooding out of the kitchen holding platters of marvelous looking foods, such as duck, Shepherds Pie, and soups.  They set the food out on the table decoratively. I took a serving spoon and took some lamb, stuffing, a little bit of noodle and chicken soup, and a small slice of pumpkin pie. I wasn't October yet but it was September, and the pumpkins are growing ripe!

When I finished eating, I look over at Lani. She had just finished too. I poured a little more water in my cup and then downed it. I was full now, I felt very good and very tired. I can't wait to go to bed. Today was a free day, we didn't have any classes, but tomorrow, classes will start.

The headmistress dismissed us, and Lani and I stood up, trudging up the stairs tiredly. When we got to our dorm, I collapsed onto my bed while Lani changed in the bathroom. I am so tired, I just want to fall asleep I my dinner dress. Finally, Lani got out, collapsed into her bed, turned out her lamp and fell asleep. I went into the bathroom, brushed my hair, teeth, and got dressed for bed. I laid down on my bed, turned out my light, and sleep took over.

-~-~-~-~

"Stia? Come on, wake up, Stia. We have to go to class in an hour and a half, and we still have to get breakfast." I groaned and sat up from my bed, kicking off my bed covers.

I walked to the bathroom, not really knowing where I was going and I almost walked into a wall! I took a short shower and washed my hair. I brush my teeth, hair, and got dressed. This all took me about 10 minutes. I left the bathroom, and Lani gathered up her clothes and went to do her stuff. I picked my scepter up. It had aquamarine gems in it, and it was super pretty.

"I wonder..."I thought really hard for about 30 seconds, and then tapped the scepter onto my hair. I dried it! "Holy mama sweet baby Jesus!" I yelled. Lani bursted out of the bathroom in just a towel and looked around. "What's wrong?" She asked.

"Nothing's wrong, it's just that I used this scepter," I raised in the air like in The Lion King. "To dry my hair."

"Oh! That's pretty cool!" She exclaimed, backing up into the bathroom. "I'm just gonna..." She closed the door. 2 minutes later, she popped out with brushed teeth and brushed but still wet hair.