Chapter 16

~Lani's POV~

-A little while ago-

"Lani, you have to eat." Says Aestia. She tried to pour soup down my throat.

I shake my head. 'I don't want to eat, and that's final.' If she could only hear me..

Will walks in, seeing the burning hot soup, now spilled on the floor. Aestia screams in burning rage. She walks out of the room, and Will makes more soup. "Noelani, you have to eat. You have to eat or you won't get better. Yes, you did hit your neck and chest on the side of the pool, and that's healing, but your stomach won't heal if you don't eat. You could die, Noelani. If you died, we wouldn't be able to be together anymore. That would break my heart.." He says, pouring the fresh potato soup into a bowl. "Now please.. Do it for me." He says, and takes the bowl, putting it towards my face. I take a couple sips, and he sets it down. "Thank you."

Aestia walks in and sees the soup bowl almost half empty. "Wh-what?! How did you do that?" She says, in awe.

"I'm kind of.. Persuasive." He says. I nod in agreement.

"Thank God you're here, then!" She says. "I'm off to go shower. Be back in a bit!" She says, and runs off to the bathroom.

"W-Will, love.." I try to get out.

He covers my mouth softly. "No, no, it's only been a few days. You need to let your voice and lungs rest and heal up first. Don't speak, okay? I appreciate the effort. Remember back when I couldn't speak? It's similar to this, okay? You've gotta wait. Anyway, you need me?" He says, taking his hand away from my face. It wasn't a forceful hold, just a soft touch.

I nod, and kiss his cheek. He blushes furiously. "I love you too." He says, kissing my nose. It was dusk, and time to start heading to bed. The room was hardly lit, and it looked like a smokey grey with dark navy blue shadows. Three little kittens were running around the house, including a stray kitten named Lani, after me. She was Will's little kitty. He found her, and took care of we ever since. No one seemed to want her, so he kept the adorable small one for his own. Shisa runs up to me, and leaps Into my arms, meowing. I carry her to the room, and lay her in her bed. Will is already curled up in his pj's, snuggling a pillow. He's right there.. Go on and snuggle him. I change into my pj's after closing the curtains, and I swear I saw Will move. He peeked!

"It was an accident, I swear!" He blushes incredibly hard. "I'd never do that to you without permission!" I smile and nod. I thought he was asleep, but I guess not. I grab my blue blanket from my bed, and curl up next to him in his bed. Holding me close, he whispers into my ear, "I love you, Strawberry." He says, using one of my nicknames. I smile and fall asleep next to him, wrapped up in a big blanket with him. He kisses my temple and falls asleep.

-A couple weeks later-

The concert's today.. I- I have to skip.. Unless.. I get my voice back somehow. Will wakes up, and nuzzles me, then kisses my head. Danielle is out in the kitchen making pancakes from what I can tell. I like her pancakes. Will gets out of bed, and pulls me out of bed, holding me bridal style. I wrap my arms round his neck, and he walks into the kitchen. "So, what're you lovebirds doing tonight?" Danielle asks, proceeding to make her pancakes, only looking up every once in a while. Aestia walks out of her room.

She skips into the kitchen and get some pancakes, and sings, "I smell a royal wedding!!" As I did on our first day here. I giggle a bit. Will and I rub our noses together. He sets me down, and I get us both a plate of food. I turn around from putting the freshly made pancakes on the paper plates, to see William on the floor.

"I've fallen for Noelani Clearwater. Don't help me up, I'm staying here." He says. I place the plate on the island of the kitchen, and lay down next to him, and take his hand.

"Get a room!" Megan shouts, and laughs while eating one last pancake before walking off to get dressed and ready.

"I've fallen, and I don't want to get up." I say, crystal clear.

"She can speak!" Will shouts, and hugs me close.

"Oh my gosh!" Aestia says.

"Her voice is free!" Danielle says, around the same time as Aestia.

I can hear Megan fall over from surprise, and I assume Danielle can too, because she went rushing to the bathroom to check up and Megan.

I can sing in the concert! I eat the pancakes quickly, and say a quick thank you to everyone for helping me heal up. I change, and run to the music room. Everyone is practicing. I hear people shouting my name in happiness. "NOELANI!" As they stand up to come and hug me.

I change into my black leotard, and I looked pretty nice. My hair is fastened into a bun, and I go out to sing with the rest of the group, dressed in black leotards, shirts, jeans, etc. I start off the song. Soon enough, the other kids are playing the chorus, and I begin dancing the routine. I do a backflip, and land on my feet. One thing I didn't know I could actually do.

The song ends, and the applause dies down.

"Up next, we have Noelani Clearwater. Please enjoy." I walk up to the center stage. I take a deep breath.

I start singing the song 'We Could Be Heroes' softly. Soon enough, I get louder, belting out the song with emotion like a firecracker of passion. Smiling, I seem to be a glowing light to them. Proving hope for everyone's future. This is what I like! I sing with as much passion I have. I then realize, everyone's staring at this light. In awe, I notice I'm literally glowing a gold colour, and floating. I do the end pose, and everyone stands up and claps. I bow and smile. I'm brought down, and the light dims. I see my friends rush from their seats to come and see me. They hug me and seem to be in major surprise.

-Now-

I sit in the library, studying what could've happened at the concert. My hair was up in a bun, with the purple flower clip my grandmother bought me years before I came here. My glasses are on, and my eyes glide over the words I'm reading. They seem to shine. I close the book, and place it back on the shelf. Nothing. I get a phone call from Aestia. I walk out of the library and answer.

"Yes?" I say, expecting something important.

"Forrest wants to meet your boyfriend too. He asked for a double date."

"That's odd.. Oh well. I'll call him." I shrug. And hang up after exchanging a quick goodbye with Aestia.

I call up Will. "Hello?"

"Hi! Aestia was asking if we'd go on a double date with her and Forrest. How does that sound?"

"Good! I'll be there. What time?"

"I don't know. I'll get details later tonight."

"Sounds good. Hey, the tutor is waiting for me. I'll see you later, love." He says, and makes a smooch sound.

"Mwa." I say back, and he squeals a bit. "Still as adorable as ever!" I say, and he hangs up. I smile to myself. I really love that boy.

----------

*Lani*
HI! We're finally back on track, aren't we? Doing much better about that. Here's an update on our lives currently. I've made it to the US. Sad to have to leave Aestia behind, but she's gonna come visit soon.

So I recently found out Will reads this book. XD cutie. Hi William!! Mwa!

Oh, and my friends Megan and Danielle read this too! They're all a part of the book. ^-^ @Ijustmeep @skittlesrandoms

Hope you all enjoyed the chapter!