Chapter 17

"So, Lani agreed to the double date." I told Forrest. We were laying under the cherry tree again. I love the cherry tree; it's so romantic and beautiful.

"Really? Awesome." He ran a hand through his dark brown hair.

   "Can I ask you a question?"

   "Anything, love." He squeezed my hand.

   "What were you going to do if Lani hadn't asked you to sit on the train with us?" I was honestly curious.

   "I was going to drive to the Prince academy. I decided that it would be totally fine if I just rode the train." He shrugged.

   "Oh. So, where do you want to go for the double date?"

   "I was think we could go to the movie theater. You guys have one on your campus."

   "Oh. Really? I didn't know that....what time should I tell Lani to meet?"

   "Umm..8 is good, I guess. It's 3 right now, so we definitely have enough time. I already bought tickets for The Starving Games. They are replaying it in theaters for some reason."

   "Cool. I'll go let Lani know." I stood up and brushed some petals off my butt. Kissing Forrest's cheek and waving bye, I walked back over to campus. Lani was waiting in our dorm, getting ready for the date.  "Hey girl!" I said playfully. "We are going to this movie theater. It's on our campus. Movie starts at 8. He got tickets for the Starving Games, which is replaying in theaters for some reason."

   "Awesome! Come here, I'm doing your makeup." She pulled me over and started dabbing and powdering my face. After about half an hour, she led me to a mirror, making me close my eyes.

   "Ok...open."

   My jaw dropped. "Lani!" I exclaimed. I looked...beautiful! It was casual, but at the same time, it was elaborate and decorative.  The base was a shimmery silver, and then she added faint swirls of a light greenish blue. I had blue eyeliner, and she did add a bit of blush.

   Next, I did her makeup just like mine except with red instead of blue swirls and black eyeliner. She high fived me, and then we got dressed. She wore a short, tight black dress that had read lace at the bottom, and she wore red and black jewelry. I wore an aquamarine short, tight dress with silver lace. I know, twinsies.

   "Ready?" Lani linked her elbow with mine.

   "Ready!" I answered excitedly. "I don't know where we are going to meet...lets go to the cherry tree and then we'll go to the movies."

   We walked down the path to the tree; no boys. Next we walked to the movies after asking for directions from a kind looking older student.

   When we got there, there were the boys, Forrest and Will, catching up a bit. I think they were making up a handshake, but I'm never really sure when it comes to guys.

   They saw us, and after standing there openmouthed for a minute, resulting in me blushing, they walking over nervously.

   "Hey, Noelani. This is Aestia, I presume?" He kissed my hand, bowing a bit. So formal and polite! No wonder Lani fell for him.

   "Yep!" Lani got on her toes and pecked Will on the lips. Forrest walked over to me and kissed me as well. "Want to go in?" Forrest grabbed my hand. "Yeah, let's go. I replied.

   We bought popcorn and drinks, sat down, and waited for the movie to start. Lani was sharing a seat with Will for now, kissing him softly. I blushed a bit. I blush a lot... I kind don't like it.