Chapter 12

-Lani's POV-

Aestia goes into the bathroom to change into something full on black. We take a rope, and climb down the building. Except for Aestia. She jumps down. I don't even know why, I guess she just had to be different. Megan catches her, and Danielle is terrified of heights, so she's shaking. We all run to the Prince's school. Holding the same rope, I ask Danielle, "have the bobby pin bundle?"

"Sure do!" She hands me a giant wad of bobby pins, and I connect them to the rope. I throw them up, and they catch on the window of the Chemistry classroom. Perfect. The window was open, probably to let air in for some sort of failed experiment. We climb up, and remain silent. Except for Danielle, she's terrified. We pile into the room through the window, the moonlight shining on us. I reach for the door handle after taking the rope off the window, and setting the stuff into my bag. I twist it, but the door is locked. "Great!" Danielle whisper shouts. "How are we supposed to get out of here?"

"Bobby pins! Duh." Megan says, unzipping my bag and reaching in, then pulling out the was of bobby pins. "If I can one out of this.. Giant.. Thingy." She says, pulling one out, making them all fall onto the floor.

"Good going, Megan." Aestia says.

"I'm sorry.. We have to get out of here somehow!" Megan says, picking up the bobby pins, slowly putting them back into a wad, keeping one of them.

"Give that to me" I say, taking the bobby pin to open the door. I unlock the door, and open it. I attach the wad back to the rope, and lean out the window. I throw the rope up two floors, and climb a bit.

"What are you doing?" Asks Aestia.

"Going to find someone. You guys find the cat, I'll meet you back here." I say, climbing up more. The girls run out of the room, and I climb further. Just a little bit further.. I lose my grip with my right hand. I slide down, and try not to scream. My shaky hand grasps the rope once more, and I climb up more. Careful, now. I keep climbing. I reach the window, but it wasn't open. I knock on the window. No one answers. I lift it, and slide it up so it's open. I lose my grip again, sliding and getting rope burn. I yelp and I see someone at the window. He looks down and reaches out his hand. I reach my hand up, and he takes it. I climb through the window and fall onto my face on the floor.

"So, so sorry to break into your room." I say, dusting myself off.

"Oh, no, it's okay, I'm used to this. Want some tea?" He asks. It's Jakob, the tour guide from the visit. He has the same name of my friend.

"Wait- what? Really? Are you being serious? And yes, please. What kind?" I ask, sitting down at the table.

"No, no. I'm messing with you. The first time this has happened all year. It's passion."

"Aright." I chuckle, as he sets a tea cup down in front of me. "Good to see you again, Jakob."

"Nice to see you too, Princess Noelani. I assume you're here for William?"

"As he would say: Aye, I am." I reply, with a smile after taking a somewhat long sip of tea. "Anyway, I better be off. Thanks for the tea kind sir." I curtsy, and run out of his door. I realize something and walk back inside. "Can you direct me to his room?" I say, collecting my bag I had set down under my chair.

"Upstairs, one room to the left above mine."

"Thank you!" I whisper, and curtsy hurriedly, as my tiara falls down my face a bit. I run almost silently up the stairs, holding up my tiara, having no time to fix it. I hear a soft purr from my bag. Shisa must've found my extra hairbrush. Silly girl. She must be using it for a scratch post or massage thingy. I find the room, and knock quietly. I see him look through the peephole of the door, and hear a small click, signaling he unlocked the door. I walk inside, and face him.  "Will!"