Chapter 15

Royal Academy

Chapter 15

*Aestia's POV*

The next few months went by super slow while they were happening, but by the time they were over, it felt like no time had passed at all.

   It was December 18, and winter break had started yesterday. We didn't really do anything the first day, we were just so relieved that it was finally break that we just kind of...laid around on our phones. But today, we were going to do some super exciting things.

   We left the Dining Hall and walked around the campus, which was now covered in fluffy, white, cold snow.

   My phone vibrated in my pocket, and started playing Blank Space by T-Swizzle. I love this song.

   "I'll catch up with you guys." I waved Lani and Iris on, and they walked away, looking back every once in a while.

   "Hullo?"

   "Hi! Aestia, it's me, Forrest. I was...I was wondering if you would go on a date with me..."

   "Uh- uh, yeah! Totally! Where?"

   "Well, I was thinking maybe you could come with me to the skating arena at my campus. They'll let you, if you have your Student ID."

   "When? Today?"

   "If you want...but if you're busy-"

   "No, it's fine. Let me ask Lani."

   I ran up to them and told them everything.

   "Omg! You totally have to go! You have no choice. Get back to the dorm right now and get into your skating outfit." Lani pushed back to the direction of the dorms.

   "Ok, ok!" I pressed my ear back to the phone. "Yeah, I'll be there at 10."

   "Cool. See you later." He hung up.

   Walking back to the dorm, I thought about him. I had been waiting for this day for like, 3 months. In the past three months, we had been hanging out, but just as friends, really.

   When I got back to the dorms, I changed into skinny jeans, black fuzzy boots, a blue down feather coat, and a blue beanie. I pinned the beanie to my hair so I could have it low and not fall off. That's how I liked wearing beanies. I also added a bit of blue tint to my eyes to add a bit of color and to match my coat. I put on one of my necklaces; this one was short and had the triforce on the end. I was ready to go!

   I walked to the Prince's academy, ID clutched in my freezing hand, and went up to the front desk, teeth chattering. "H-hello, d-do you happen to know w-where the skating rink-k is?"

   The man looked at me suspiciously, checked my ID, and pointed to a big, gym looking building to my left. "Thank you!"

   I walked into the gym, pushing open its big, heavy double doors. Inside was a bunch of gym equipment, such as dumbbells, bench presses, and ellipticals.

   I spotted a sign that said,'Pool 👉🏼' and another sign that said,'Skating Rink 👈🏼'

   I followed the sign, finding myself at more big double doors. Standing in front of them was Forrest. He checked his watch. "Exactly 10:00."

   I grinned at him. "I'm always on time. Even when I'm late."

   He agreed with me. "A queen is never late. Everyone else is simply early."

   I blushed, feeling my face turn warm and scarlet.

   We walked in, and he awkwardly tried to hold my hand. I jerked back at first, and his face resembled sadness and rejection. Then, I grabbed his hand and squeezed. He squeezed back, and led towards the ice skates place. You know the place where you get the skates? Yeah, that.