Chapter 20

Lani's POV

I awaken to a loud 'Ping!' And vibration on my nose. I open my eyes and they're covered. I lift the heavy brick off my face, to realize it's my phone. I slide the message, and unlock my phone. I read the text from Aestia, and all the other she sent while I was sleeping.

5:03 Yesterday - "I got my stuff, check your door."

5:37 pm Yesterday - "This Brianna girl sucks! She's so rude."

5:49 pm Yesterday - "Hey, are you there?"

6:59 pm Yesterday - "You alright? Are you asleep? You never fall asleep this early."

11:02 am Today - "sorry, Brianna took my phone!"

11:35 am Today - "THIS GIRL IS TERRIBLE! I'M OUT OF HERE!"

Just now - "I'm at Forrest's. Grab your stuff, there was an announcement email that swim team for the gemstone princesses start today at 3 pm."

I text back after looking over at the sleeping William on the other side of the bed.

Sent just now, unread - "Okay, I'll go get everything from the door. You better be there on time this year."

Suddenly unread switched to read.

Just now - "weren't you the one who got the 'most tardy' award back in our second year of swim in year 5?"

Sent, read - "..."

Just now - "that's what I thought. See you soon. Meet me in the cafeteria."

I get out of bed, and get dressed into some comfy clothes - black  Sweat pants and a red T-shirt, I pet Lani and Shisa, feed them both, and my fish, and open the door. My stuff is all in a bag. I take the bag, and go through it. Let's see

Clothes? [x]
Diary [x]
Scepter [x]
Water and fish and cat food [x]
Jewelry [x]
Swim supplies [x]
Everything else I own [x]

Everything seems to be there. I set everything in my drawer, and then walk outside. I see my friend Grace outside with his little brother Oli who's also a prince. "Finally! This is where I belong." Grace says, relieved.

"Glad to see you finally found a place you feel like yourself." I say, putting an arm round him.

"Me too. It took long enough.. People just don't understand the meaning of transgender here." Grace says.

"Poor thing. It's alright, though. Maybe if you explained it, they'd let you stay here instead. After all, both schools are for both comfort and education. And being a male or female doesn't say how you rule your kingdom, it's your personality and goals. I just know you'll rule with a kind heart one day. I've got to go, alright? Swim is only in a few hours and we gotta fuel up and warm up!" I say to him.

"Alright." He smiles, and waves goodbye as I jog off, my messenger bag draped on my shoulder, swinging as I jog to the cafeteria. I tap my hair with my scepter, and my hair is brushed and put into my signature bun. I slip the scepter back into my bag with all my swim gear, and I go into the cafeteria. I see Aestia, waiting there with an apple.

"Hey, you!" She says.

"Hey!" I say, and steal her apple.

"That's mine!" She says.

"I know it is." I chuckle, and give it back. We wait in line for actual meals, and talk about how everything affected us.

"Brianna sucks. I never want to see her face again!"

"I can imagine! It must be terrible. You can always ask to move in with Forrest." I say.

"No.. If I did that, who knows what Brianna would do me for revenge. I just have to try to be her friend somehow. Teach her how to be less.. Pushy." Aestia says. "Anyway, what do you think happened?"