Chapter 19

Wednesday, December 23, 2015 9:23

It's the morning after the fire. I had to move into Silver Spoon with a girl named Brianna. She woke me up at like, 6. And it's winter break! I don't know how long I have to stay with her, but hopefully not very long, assuming this morning is repeated.

   -Aestia Clearwater

I signed my name and closed my diary, which had appeared in front of the door this morning in a chest along with my books, makeup, jewelry, hygiene stuff, my phone charger(I had my phone in my pocket), and my wallet, which had my Student ID and money. I hid my diary, and somehow they still found it. I guess maybe under my mattress wasn't a good place. Or maybe they just used their scepters.

   "Hey, I'm going out, I might be back around one." I put my diary under my mattress.

   "Wait, have you taken a shower yet?" Brianna walked in, sipping a fruit smoothie. She was in workout clothes.

   "What? No. I took a shower last night, I'm not going to take one this morning."

   Brianna looked at me disapprovingly. "Fine. Did you brush your teeth?"

   "Brianna! I'm not 4! Of course I brushed my teeth, why wouldn't I?"

   "Well, you didn't take a shower, so I didn't know!"

   "I did take a shower! Last night!"

   "Well you didn't work out!"

   "I swim! I don't need to work out!"

   "When was the last time you swam? Huh?"

   I bit my lip. "Tryouts."

   "And when was that? A few months ago?"

   "Only one month ago."

   "So you don't swim?"

   "I WILL swim."

   "When? After winter break?"

   "Listen, I'm 18. I can do whatever the heck I want. So leave me alone, while I go out with my real friends." I left the door and stormed downstairs to the grounds.

   "Someone looks a bit flustered." Forrest met me outside, and I walked over to him.

   "My new roommate is trying to be my mom." I made a pouty face, and he laughed.

   "Wanna go get ice cream? I heard it's awesome."

   "Yeah, totally! It really is amazing!" I said, remembering a time I had gone with Lani. Mmm!

******timeskip******

     I licked my ice cream, which was two scoops of Butter pecan with sprinkles on top. Forrest got two scoops of cookies and cream with hot fudge on top. I have to say, his looked pretty good.

   "Wanna go by the school? See how bad it is?" Forrest put his hand in mine.

   I pecked his cheek. "No. I don't want to ruin today with the sadness."

   "Understandable."

******timeskip******

   "Where did you go then?"

   "Is it any of your business?" I crossed my arms, glaring at Brianna.

   "Yes, it is. I am the boss of this dorm, and from now on, you're going to tell me where you are going. I don't know if you are like, doing drugs or something, but I don't want to get in trouble for something you did."