Chapter 1: Leaving for Diagon Alley

Alright, so a few of you amazing fans have agreed on the idea of a Draco/Hufflepuff fanfiction, and here it is! I'll have you know some things before we get started:

1. I have two people talking here: Catriona Goldstein and Draco Malfoy. 

2. They are entering their first year.

3. I hope you enjoy this!

***

"CATRIONA!! WAKE UP!" a voice comes from what sounds like half way across the world. I think it's my mum. Oh gosh, no. It's only six in the stupid morning. I go back to sleep, and hear my mum's footsteps come up the stairs. Then, a hand starts shaking my shoulder violently.

"WHAT?!" I get up and yell.

"Don't you want to start at your new school with proper supplies? Or would you rather go to a Muggle school the rest of your life without going into the wonderful wizarding world and buying great supplies?" my mum, a beautiful woman in her mid-thirties with long jet-black hair and very minimal wrinkles, tells me. 

"I COMPLETELY FORGOT!" I say, pushing off my blanket and rushing to the washroom. Our house is quite large, and my family is quite rich. We live in Goldstein Manor, a large, magnificent house with bright gold and silver walls. I'm an only child, thank goodness for that! I'm only eleven at the moment, just turned so June fifth. Today, my mum and I are off to buy some supplies. I'm going to get my very first wand, some robes, and more supplies. My letter had just came in the other day. Here's a copy, if you like.

Dear Catriona Goldstein,

We are pleased to inform you, that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

Term begins September 1st. We await your owl no later than July 31st. 

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall

Deputy Headmistress

Uniform Three Sets of Plain Work Robes (Black) One Plain Pointed Hat (Black) for day wear One Pair of Protective Gloves (dragon hide or similar) One Winter Cloak (Black, silver fastenings) Please note that all student's clothes should carry name-tags. Books The Standard Book of Spells(Grade 1)by Miranda Goshawk A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them by Newt Scamander The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection by Quentin Trimble Other Equipment 1 Wand 1 Cauldron(pewter, standard size 2) 1 set of glass or crystal phials 1 telescope 1 set of brass scales Students may also bring an Owl OR a Cat OR a Toad. PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST YEARS ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICKS.

Mother said she couldn't believe that Professor McGonagall was still teaching. 'Said I'd be lucky to get her as my Head of House! If I get into Gryffindor house, which I think highly impossible considering the fact that my entire family has been in Slytherin for as long as we've been. I can't wait! After a quick trip to my bathroom, and some delcious breakfast made by our houself, Mitzy, I get dressed and meet my mother in our downstairs den.

"We'll be going by Floo Powder, as usual." she says, walking over to the pot of green powder, "You go first. Remember, DIAGON ALLEY. Clearly."

"Yes mother," I nod my head, grab a handful of the green powder, and stand in the fireplace. "DIAGON ALLEY."

Dropping the powder, I'm engulfed in green flames, and after a few moments, I land in a Madam Malkin's shop, on beautiful and soft purple tapestry.

"How may I help you, sweetheart?" a woman with bright pink robes comes and helps me to my feet. Before I can speak, my mother comes, looking as perfect as before.

"AH! Madam Malkin! How are you? Long time no see," my mum hugs the short woman, and they start blabbing their mouths off. Something tells me this is going to be a while...

***

(Draco Malfoy)

"Up, Draco," father's voice says coldly, and I get out of bed without question, and hurriedly get dressed. I sometimes wish I could just...do things...to my family. Their a proud bunch of gits and prats who have no lives whatsoever. I sit down for breakfast next to Aunt Bellatrix, without saying a word. If I say the smallest thing, she'll turn it against me.

"What's wrong, Draco? Cat got your tongue?" she taunts. I'm quite used to this, actually. I wish she'd return to her cell in Azkaban.

"Draco, eat up, and we'll leave for Diagon Alley." my mother, Nacrissa, encourages. I feel as though she's the only good part about my family. I, wanting to leave as soon as possible, finish up my breakfast, mumble a quick goodbye to Bellatrix and my father, my mother and I set off by Floo Powder to Diagon Alley.

***

Well, there it is. That's the first chapter! Tell me what you think, vote, comment!!! Thanks!