Chapter 16: Cedric Diggory

The next morning, word had spread quickly of what had happened between Draco, Catriona and Pansy, because of Pansy. She had been found outside underneath the bleachers crying her eyes out. Naturally, she told whoever had found out, and that person told their group of friends, who told another group, and so on it went over night until even Mad-Eye Moody had began to hang around Draco and Catriona more. Harry and Hermione had had a good laugh over this, and neither had noticed that Ron hadn't let out a single chuckle. 

   While Ron was having his troubles, so were Catriona and Draco. Draco would find his girlfriend breaking down in his arms, leaving tear stains on his school robes.

"Everyone thinks I'm a slut," she sobbed, her voice muffled by Draco's robes, "what happens if mother hears about this?"

"You're not a slut," Draco replied to her firmly. He refused to let Catriona believe that she was a slut. "You're the most perfect girl I've ever met, with the sweetest and kindest personality. If we were old enough, I'd marry you." he admitted shamelessly.

This made Catriona's head lift up a bit. Draco saw that her eyes were bloodshot, and her hair a bit messy, yet he couldn't help but think how beautiful she always looked.

"Really?" she asked him, a smile playing at the edges of her lips.

"Of course," Draco kissed her forehead, and hugged her even tighter.

"Don't ever let me go," she whispered, and Draco promised her that he wouldn't dream of it.

***

   The couple emerged from the Room of Requirement a few hours later, just in time for supper in the Great Hall. As they walked in together, everything went quiet for a few seconds, until people started whispering and pointing. Catriona and Draco seperated, walking to their own house tables independantly, regardless of what anyone said. Draco admitting that he would marry Catriona had put her in such a good mood, she couldn't stop smiling and didn't care that the girls next to her were staring, or that Cedric Diggory was looking at her longingly. She simply filled up her plate and listened to Dumbledore make his speech. All the while, she kept glancing at Draco, who kept glancing back and smiled to himself secretly. Once Hogwarts had eaten, and their bellies were full, everyone made their way back to their dormitories. Draco was waiting at the doors, and once Catriona had joined him, the pair began walking to the seventh floor corridor. They were climbing the stairs to the seventh when a voice called for Catriona. Catriona and Draco spun on their heels and found Cedric Diggory coming up behind them.

"Hi!" he said, taking large breaths, as though he were swigging down some pumpkin juice.

"Uhm... hi?" Catriona answered, giving him an odd look.

"I was wondering if you and Draco would want to come to our Quidditch practise," he asked.

"When is it?" Draco asked.

"Right now," Cedric grinned at the two. Catriona looked at Draco, who shrugged his shoulders.

'Why not?" he accepted, and the three began walking to the Quidditch pitch.

"So Diggory," Draco began, "Why are you practising for Quidditch when all matches have been cancelled this year?"

"Gotta keep in shape, mate!" Diggory kept walking, "Although, it's clear you've been doing so as well, if you catch my drift."

Draco let out a false laugh, when in his mind, he was stabbing Cedric Diggory to death.

Eventually they made it to the Quidditch field, where things had been restored to normal, where the rest of the Hufflepuff team were dancing around in the air  on their broomsticks.