Chapter 5: A Deranged Aunt

How are you enjoying the story so far? Remember to comment and vote!

***

(DRACO)

"I'm sure your parents will be delighted to hear about this, Draco!" taunted Bellatrix. Just when I'd been enjoying my life for once!

"Shut up," I muttered, "Please. Just go."

"What did you just say to me?" she narrowed her eyes.

"Dunno why you're always so surprised to hear him say it," came Cat's voice, "Don't you think I know?! You Crucio'd the Longbottom couple, and yet expect to be treated royally! You tortured someone, and expect to be treated like the Queen! yOU'RE A NUTTER, YOU ARE! mENTAL, EVEN!"

"You'll pay for that one!" Bellatrix shrieked, "Cruci-"

"What do you think you're doing, Bellatrix?" came father's voice.

"Did you hear what she said to me?!" shouted my deranged aunt.

"I heard every bit of it," father replied coldly, "and I agree with her. You know Barty's still in Azkaban, and the Longbottoms in the hospital? Yes, you dop. And you still don't realy it's all your fault! I'd ought to Crucio you, Bellatrix,"

"You're all against me!" she whispered, "You all hate me! Go to hell, all of you."

Tears were now streaming down her face. Catriona walked next to me.

"Please," she whispered into my ear, "Make her stop crying."

"I can't," I whispered back, "She suffers from OCD. It makes her have all these emotion switches. Quite terrible actually."

I feel Cat's hand slip into mine, silent sobs coming from her. I feel awkward, standing here with Catriona, watching my father comfort an anarchic aunt in a way he had never comforted me. I think I'm going to cry myself. I have no idea what my feelings are doing. Am I happy because Catriona's holding my hand? Upset because my aunt was crying? Or simply angry at my father because he loved an in-law more than me? It was impossible to tell. As for my aunt...

"Let's go downstairs for some tea," father suggests, "Come on. Draco, Catriona, I suggest you two go to sleep now."

"Yes father," I reply, "Good night."

"Good night Draco, Cat," and he left with my aunt. I turned towards Catriona, only to catch her wiping tears off her cheeks.

"Are you alright?" I ask her, and she nods her head slowly.

"Come on," I whisper, "Let's go to sleep. I'm... tired."

"Oh Draco," she whispers, "Are we in trouble?"

"I don't think so," I explain, "She always forgets everything in the morning. Don't worry about it. Everything will be normal in the morning."

As soon as I said that, Catriona burst into tears.

"What's wrong?!" I panick. She flings her arms around my neck.

"How can you just pretend everything is okay?" she asks me in between sobs. I want to say 'Because I'm used to it..' but that'll make me sound cold-hearted. 

"Because there's no use crying over something you can't fix. It's best to just leave it alone." I say to her. She hugs me even tighter and I, for once, hug her back. We stand there for a few minutes before she lets me go.

"Sorry about that," she says hoarsely, "I think I'll be going to bed now."

"Don't be," I whisper to myself, and she walks over to her sleeping bag and lies down. I walk over to my bed and get in, wondering what just happened.

(CATRIONA)

I can't believe I just hugged him! What's gotten into me lately? Whatever... But I feel so embarassed! I can't just let it all go! He said not to be sorry. I suppose I'll have to settle this in the morning...

*** 4 hours later ***

I can't wait any longer.

"Draco? Are you awake?" I whisper into the darkness. To my surprise, I get a response.

"Yes," he replies, with no hint of tiredness in his voice.

"D'you think we could maybe just have a little talk? Please?" I ask him, hope filling my voice.

"We'd have to go back outside..." his voice trails off.

"I don't care! I just want to talk to you!" I reply, shocking myself at the girl I'm becoming. I watch a Draco's silhouette cross over me and over to close the door.

"Get up," he whispers, nudging my shoulder. I slowly get up and walk over to the the window. I watch Draco's silvery-blonde hair reflect the moonlight as he lifts open the window, and we both climb out. Once we're out, Draco asks me why I wanted to talk to him.

"What if we aren't in the same house?" I say worriedly.

"Don't worry, we will be!" he places a hand on my should. A sudden warmth fills me from head to toe. Then it trickles out slowly.

"Slytherins aren't always so caring," I begin, "My mum and dad were both Slytherins, and my dada didn't care enough to stay! My mum doesn't even care for me! In public, she treats me like a stupid poodle, and as soon as we get home, its as though I'm the bloody house-elf! I'm more loyal to my pets than I am to my own mother, I'm too honest to be true! I work harder on the important things instead of leaving it to someone else. What if I end up a Hufflepuff, or a Gryffindor?! God knows I'm to dumb to be a bloody Ravenclaw!"

I fall to my knees and start crying...Hard. Draco kneels next to me, a hand around me shoulder. We stay there until dawn, and thenw e go down to a dull breakfast.