Chapter 12: He Wasn't That Great After All

NOTE: THE FOLLOWING CHAPTERS WILL NOT HAVE ANY P.O.V's

THE FOLLOWING CHAPTERS:

ALL OF THEM.

***

Draco followed his father up the steel steps, catching a glimpse of the Weasleys and Potter, followed along by Granger. They all looked as ugly as he had left them last year, but they'd forgotten to get a haircut. Draco sniggered at the thought, but stopped abruptly as he realized his father was glaring at him. His mother was busy talking with the Weasleys and the Minister. Then, before they left, Draco decided to have some fun.

"Father and I are in the Minister's box, by personal invitation of the minister himself!" Draco said. Lucius hit him square in the ribs, and told him slyly, "Don't boast, Draco." Then he grabbed Potter's foot, and told him "Do try to enjoy yourself, while you can."

Draco was now rubbing the in between his ribs, and it hurt slightly to the right. Lucius and his wife made their way, and Draco was still standing there. Then Catriona appeared. Ron told the others to wait for him, so that he'd have time to talk to her quickly. But when he went back, it was as if a Dementor was lurking about. 

Catriona had unbuttoned Draco's black jacket, and lifted up his tunic, revealing Draco's bare chest.

He has a bloody six pack! Ronald thought to himself, as Draco whimpered a bit. The pain was searing throughout his chest.

"Draco, I'm just going to rub the back of my finger very lightly across your chest, just to see if anything's broken," Catriona reassured him sweetly, "Don't worry. If it hurts, you just need to tell me, and I swear I'll stop right away."

Draco nodded slowly, and Catriona proceeded with her plan. She started at the bottom of his stomach, trying not to tremble at how strong he seemed. She slowly went up, scared that she might hurt him more. As she reached his ribs, Draco started shaking a bit. 

"Are you alright?" asked Catriona in a whisper, and Draco nodded a bit. Cat continued. She rubbed at his left set of ribs, at which Draco took a sharp intake of breath. Catriona looked up at him, and he urged her to go on. Best to just get it over with, Draco thought to himself. As soon as Cat touched his right set of ribs, he screamed a bit.

"Right there then?" Catriona asked in a panicked voice, her thumb still over his chest. Catriona took out her wand, and whispered something, and the tip of her wand lights up. Catriona scans it over Draco's body, and a part of it is terribly bruised. 

"Draco, I don't want to tell you this," Cat says slowly, "But if you don't get that bone fixed, y-you might d-die."

Tears were now streaming down Cat's cheeks, and Draco forced a smile. Then Catriona had an idea.

"We're allowed to use magic in life-threatening situations." Cat said, and put her wand to Draco's bruised area, "Episkey."

Draco felt  a short surge of pain before feeling like his bones were good as new. 

"What did you do?" he asked suspicioiusly.

"Madam Pomfrey taught me that spell last year when I was volunteering in the Hospital Wing." Cat explained, pulling Draco's tunic back down, "She also said that we can use magic in life-threatening situations, and that was one."

"Really?"

"Yes," Catriona replied, now buttoning his jacket up slowly, "That bone that was broken-without it, you could've easily died. Now, let's go."

Catriona pecked him on the lips, and, arm in arm, they left. The thing is, Ron Weasley had been watching them the whole time.

~~~

Ron was quite angry with Catriona, after having watched that scene. He wasn't angry, he was furious! Did this mean she had betrayed him? Wait, no, it couldn't. The two had been going out since December third year.

What's the matter with me? Ronald asked himself, walking behind Hermione and Harry, both who were observing the Gift Shoppe.

"Ron, do you want anything?" Harry asked him, "Ron?!"

"N-no, it's alright." Ron replied to him, trying to hide his anger.

"Alriiight," Harry trailed off, and bought some new things.

"Ron, are you alright?" Hermione asked him.

"Perfectly fine!" Ron said, pretending to take interest in some goggles. I'll get you Draco Malfoy, Ron thought to himself, You just bet on your dad's cane.