Chapter 4: A Night Out...?

(DRACO)

I can't believe this. Nope, I'm dreaming. I asked my mum why, and all I got was an interruption from father.

"Draco, behave yourself," he said, "Be sure to keep your room clean."

All I could say was, "Yes, father," and go to my room, where Catriona was already waiting for me.

"I was told to come here by your mother," she explains, "Apparently, I'll be sharing a room with you. Hope you don't mind?"

"No, of course not," I say absent-mindedly, not realizing what's going on.

"Oh, ok..." her voice trails off. What am I doing?! She's going to feel so awkward. Probably already is. I have to do something.

"After everyone goes to sleep," I begin, "we can go somewhere. It's always fun. I've been there tons of times. But, mind you, when we're leaving try to be quiet! Or we could get caught."

"Alright," she agrees, "It's not a...club, is it?"

"What? No, of course not!" I sputter, "We're a bit young for that, don't you think?"

"Haha, yeah, guess so," she says.

"Anyways," I say weirdly, "I'm..er...going to go to the washroom."

"Alright..."

"Bye."

"Bye."

What an idiot! Honestly, no wonder father treats me like a child! I really need to learn to talk around girls.

(CATRIONA)

That was the strangest conversation we'd ever had. Well, now I know he likes me...a bit. He's invited me to do something with him TWICE. This is a huge accomplishment! Oh, he's coming back now. He's in his pyjamas! Aren't we going?

"Aren't we going?" I blurt out.

"Of course we are," he explains, "but we don't want them to suspect us, do we? Get into your jammies and we'll wait for them to fall asleep."

"Oh...alright," I reply.

"Get your robes ready beside you," he tells me, "We'll be ready that way!"

"GOOD NIGHT MUM!" he yells.

"GOOD NIGHT DRACO!" comes Nacrissa's voice from the hall.

"GOOD NIGHT MUM!" I copy Draco.

"GOOD NIGHT CATRIONA!" comes my mum's voice. 

"What about me?" a black figure overshadows the door.

"Good night Aunt Bellatrix," mutters Draco in a voice barely audible.

"I didn't hear you!" Bellatrix snaps.

"Good night!" Draco yells.

"And what about you?" Bellatrix narrows her eyes to me.

"M-me?"

"Of course, you!" Bellatrix shouts, "Who do you think I was talking to? The house-"

"SHUT UP!" Draco stands up.

"What did you say to me?" Bellatrix's commanded. "How dare you talk to me in such a tone! No one was talking to you, you ungrateful little idiot!"

"Shut up and leave, now." Draco spoke, "Now."

"Your father will be hearing about this Draco!" she shrieked, "And you, girl!"

"Good night," I whisper.

"G'night." and she walks off.

"I swear, she's mental!" Draco heaves a big sigh, "Dunno if you know this, but she used to be in Azkaban. She kind of Crucio'd a couple-Longbottoms, I think-and was sent to Azkaban for seven years. Came back mad as a hatter!"

"Really?" I ask.

"Really," he says, "I sometimes wish she's go back."

Taking this in at the moment, it's easy to believe! The woman was still a nutter! Azkaban! The worst wizard prison one could imagine!

"Don't say that," I whisper.

"I just did!" Draco snaps. I don't say anything because I know he feels crummy.

"Let's go," Draco whispers, shutting the door and stuffing pillows into his covers, then comes over and does the same for me. Then he walks over to the window, and lifts it open. Climbing out, he looks like an expert.

"I'll help you," he pokes his head back in, "otherwise it'll take us half our lives."

"Shut up," I mutter, grabbing his hand and climbing out.

"Follow me," he says, starting towards the gates. We get out quietly, and shut the gate doors behind us. After ten minutes of walking in silence, bright signs appear.

"CHUCK E. CHEESE?!" I blurt out, stopping dead in my tracks, "You got me to risk a whole night's sleep for CHUCK E. CHEESE?!"

"Don't be silly," he says, "Come on."

And he resumes his walking. After turning at a corner, we see a-

"McDonald's?" I ask, "I think your aunt's mentality has finally gotten to you, Draco!"

"Shut up," he grins, "Well, go in."

"I simply adore your manners, Draco!" I say sarcastically.

"Just go in!" he says, opening the door. I slowly walk in, followed by Draco. A boy with pimples on his face greets us...or should I say Draco?

"Hey Draco!" he says, completely ignoring me, "What's up? I can see you've got yourself a new girlfriend."

"She's not my girlfriend!" Draco objects.

"Yet." grins the boy.

"Two sundaes," Draco orders, "Please. One chocolate and...what flavour do you want?"

"Strawberry, please," I say.

"Alright."

The boy walks to the back and comes back in a few minutes.

"Here you go," he hands me a strawberry syrup sundae sprinkled with little nuts.

"Thank you," I say, taking my first bite.

"Don't worry about it!" he looks to Draco, "At least some of your friends have manners."

"Be quieh an' leh meh enjoy meh ice cream," Draco snaps back, his mouth full.

"Whatever fits," the boy looks to me again, "I'm Logan! Logan Nicholls! And you are?"

"Catriona Goldstein," I say reluctantly, "Pleased to meet you."

"Pleasure's all mine!" he says, "Anyways, I gotta go in the back and clean up. See you later, Catriona. Bye Draco."

"Bye," I reply.

"See you," says Draco, stll enjoying his sundae. Logan walks off to the back and starts cleaning.

"Let's go," Draco gets up from his seat, ice cream covering half his face.

"I think you should clean your face first," I gesture towards his face.

"Oh...right." he blushes. He looks adorable! Once he finishes wiping his face of ice cream, we leave and walk back to Malfoy Manor.

"Well, well, well." Bellatrix's voice comes as I crawl back in, "Look who it is!"

 ***

What do you think so far?? Comment, vote, fan! Thanks for reading! Next one will be up by tomorrow or Monday!