Chapter 24

Taylor's POV

"Ms. Swift?" I heard a voice say.

I had been a little over two hours since Annie was admitted to the hospital. I had called my parents, and they were on their way. Rose was still sleeping. Calvin cancelled his appointments for that day so he could stay, probably because I was a total reck.

I immediately shot up from my spot on Calvin's chest and looked up at the doctor.

"The good news is that I we have examined Annie's concussion, and she did not have a very severe one, and there will probably be no bad side affects. She also has a broken arm and rib, but considering her young age they should heal very quickly."

I thanked the lord under my breath.

"But as you know, she is in a coma. Now, since her concussion wasn't too severe, we think that she will be in it for a week at most, but you never can tell."

"Ok," I answered, not really knowing what else to say. "When will we be able to see her."

"In about an hour or so, we just want to make sure she can fully recover from the surgery."

I thanked the doctor and leaned back on a sleeping Calvin.

He kissed my temple and whispered

"What did he say?"

"That she's going to be alright." I said half smiling and half crying.

Just as I was about to drift off, I heard a loud scream come from the right of me.

Rose had woken up and was now full on bawling.

I went over to her and lifted her up.

I rubbed circles on her back trying to sooth her, but nothing worked.

"Rosie you wanna tell me what's going on?" I said asking as if I didn't know.

She looked up with me and gave me the saddest look.

"They're all dead! Mommy, Daddy and now Annie!" She said crying into my shoulder.

"Hey," I said putting two fingers under her chin, and leveling her face with mine.

"They're not dead. Annie is alive, and she is going go be fine. Also, your Mommy and Daddy may not be able to be here with you, but they're always here," I said pointing to her heart."

She just nodded and pressed her face into my neck.

"WHERE'S MY GRANDDAUGHTER????" I heard a woman yell at the receptionist. It was my mother.

"Great now the staff hates us even more," I thought to myself.

My mom turned to see me, Rose and Calvin. I noticed there were tears in her eyes.

"Taylor!" She said sprinting over to me.

She wrapped both me and Rose in a giant hug.

By the time she released, we were all crying.

She put her bag down, and took a whimpering Rose from my arms.

"Shhhh, everything's going to be just fine. Nana's here, Nana's here."

"Where's dad?" I asked, whipping a tear from my eye.

"He had a very important meeting, but he's going to be here as soon as he can."

After a while, Rose calmed down and Calvin woke up.

"Hey, sweetie?" My mom said to Rose.

"Why don't you and Calvin get something to eat, while I talk to your Mommy?" She nodded, and my mom set her down.

Hand in hand her and Calvin walked out of the waiting room.

My mom motioned for me to sit next to her, and I did. She took my hand lovingly, and looked me in the eye.

"Tay? What happened?"

I then told her everything. By the time I was finished I was crying onto my mothers shoulder.

"Ms. Swift? Family of Annie C. Swift are now permitted to visit." I heard a voice say.