Chapter 31

Taylor's POV

I feel the hard bench under me as I anxiously wait outside the Principal's office. I can't help but laugh, thinking that I would never have to sit in this chair again, but here I am.

"Ms. Swift?"

"Yes?" I say a bit startled by the secretary's presence. 

She smiles warmly. "You can come in now."

I gather my bag and coat and stand up. I follow her into the fluorescent lighted room. She leads me to a wooden door, and opens it. There sits the principal, and my little Rose.

"Ahh, Ms. Swift. Perfect timing." She says standing up, and walking over shake my hand. I step into the room and greet her.

"Hi, Taylor Swift." I say shaking her hand.

"Melanie Bernst." She says smiling. She puts a hand on my back and points to the chair next to Rose. "Please, have a seat."

I walk over to the chair, and give Rose a quick kiss on the head, and continue to my chair. The principal goes and sits behind the desk, facing us.

"Okay, so before you got here Ms. Swift, me and Rose were discussing the issues that have been going on, which I'm sure you're well aware of."

I nod.

"Here's what I plan to do. This isn't the first time I've heard about bullying going on in the school. Although, this is the first physical bullying I've been told of, I doubt it's the first time it's happened. This issue shouldn't go unnoticed. I plan to start a no bullying campaign in the school. We will have posters, assemblys, and also we will be adding a new teacher in each classroom. This was something I was already planning on doing, but now I'll have them also focused on making sure the kids are safe."

"That sounds great!" I say looking over at Rose to see her reaction. She wore a big smile on her face.

"And Ms. Swift, being the person you are, I think it would be very influential if you could make a speech."

"Only if Rose is okay with that..."

"Sounds good!" She said glancing at me.

"Okay! And Rose, I've talked to Ms. McGarry, and she's going to try to stop the bullying in your class."

"Okay."

"Well, I think we've touched on everything."

"Yup!" I say looking over at Rose and smiling.

"Okay, well it was so great meeting you!" Ms. Bernst says reaching out her hand.

"And you!" I said returning it.

"Bye Rose! Have a great weekend."

"You too Ms. Bernst."

I took Rose's hand and lead her out the door. When we leave the office, and approach the bench I had been sitting on before, I put my stuff down and turn towards Rose.

"Come here!" I say reaching out my arms. She jumps into them, and I pick her up. She wraps her legs around my waist, and I rock her back and forth. "I'm so proud of you." I whispered and kissed her.

"Thank you." She said back.

I put her down, put on my coat as she put on hers, and I took her hand.

"Let's get Annie and do something... Special."

Her eyes lit up, and we skipped along the hallways.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi guys! I hope your enjoying! What do you think the surprise is?😜

Have a fabulous week!
Rozie