chapter 6

CHAPTER 6 (:

You know the drill; vote, comment, and please tell me if you find any typos.

xoxo, Dimphy <3

____________________________

AMBERS POV.

I bit my lip, exhaling a breath that I didn’t even know I was holding. I softly knocked on the door, and waited a few seconds before I entered Niall’s bedroom. I pushed the door shut again, turning around and leaning against it with my back, letting my eyes adjust to the darkness in the room.

Niall was sitting on the edge of the bed, leaning forward, his face buried in his hands while his shoulders shocked from the silent sobs that escaped his mouth. ‘Niall..’ I whispered, feeling broken because of the state he was in.

I moved towards him, while he kept sitting there, not giving me any attention. Had he even noticed that I was here? I sat next to him, and he must’ve felt the movement of the bed, because he looked up, his beautiful eyes shining in the dark, unshed tears glinting in them.

I didn’t say anything because I didn’t trust my voice. I just pulled him towards me, putting my arms around him. He tried to shuffle away from me, but I only held him closer. ‘Please listen to me, Niall?’ I begged.

he shook a bit but then he exhaled loudly, getting a grip on himself. He sat upright, making me release him. His eyes were bloodshot, and I could see the knuckles on the hand that he had hit harry with, they were swollen.

‘Why?’ he asked, his voice hoarse from al the crying. It hurt me so much to see him like this. I sighed, feeling tears well up in my eyes, again. ‘It was Harry, I really didn’t want it..’ I stuttered, my eyes diverted to the ground, not able to look at how hurt he was.

‘Do you like him?’ his voice cut the silence in the room, and I could feel his eyes on me, but kept looking at the ground. I didn’t answer, because I didn’t trust my voice. Tears were rolling across my cheeks at this point, and I didn’t want him to know.

right now, the darkness was my friend, because it was the only thing that kept him from seeing my broken feelings. ‘Well, do you like him?’ he asked again, a little louder this time. ‘no,’ I breathed, feeling my cheeks burn because of what I was about to do.

‘I like you.’ I whispered, still watching the ground intently. Everything went quiet, and I held my breath. Thousands of thoughts running through my head. Had I been right all along, he didn’t like me?

Out of nowhere, his arms wrapped around me, making me lean towards him out of reflex. I let go of the breath I was holding, still sobbing quietly. He kissed my cheek softly, and nuzzled his head in my hair. ‘I like you too, Amber.’ He breathed.

he let go of me, looking me in the eyes, smiling. I smiled back at him. Was I dreaming? He pushed me softly, making me fall back on the bed. He crawled over, lying next to me, propped up on his elbow so he could look at me.

his eyes were still red and puffy from crying, but he smiled like a goofball. We lay there for what seemed an eternity, just smiling at each other while his hands rubbed circles on my back to calm me down.

after I finally calmed down, I rubbed my eyes with my shirt, yawning loudly. I crawled over to niall, lying against his shoulder. His arms wrapped around me instantly, and I felt myself get pulled in to the darkness.

when I was almost asleep, his soft voice pulled me back once more. ‘I really like you amber..’ he whispered, his nose buried in my hair while he spooned me from behind, his arms around me. With a smile on my face, I fell asleep.