chapter 12

a short chapter, but with a lot of drama..
How are they gonna pull through this one?

You know the drill; vote/comment/fan/ & please notify me if you find any mistakes in grammar.

xoxo, Dimphy <3

_________________________________

For a moment, everything was quiet. The only sounds were the cold wind blowing around us, the squeaking of the cabin, and my ragged breathing. My heart was beating in an inhuman pace, I could feel it in my throat.

what was he gonna say? Would he push me away? Would he be happy? I felt him trying to break free from my grip, but then he relaxed completely, a big breath leaving his mouth. He was surprised, maybe even shocked, from what he had seen outside the cabin.

I looked down, following his eyes. ‘I love you too amber..’ he sighed, almost breathless, while he wrapped his arms around me in a forgiving embrace. I opened my eyes, breathing in his scent, while my heart kept racing. I hadn’t expect this reaction..

I actually half expected him to just keep looking angry. But apparently, somewhere deep inside, he really was the one I expected him to be. The one I wanted.

I lifted up my head, tears shimmering down my cheeks, while I looked outside the cabin, seeing what Liam and I had done this afternoon. We were so high up, that I felt a shock go through my body, making me feel dizzy, but Niall would keep me save, I knew that. His arms around me made me feel save.

the view from up here was beautiful, but the prettiest sight was just outside of the park. On a big, open field, thousands of little lights shone on the ground, like little fireflies. They spelt out the words ‘I love you Niall’ in clear view, a beautiful sight. The lights moved a bit on the wind, making them look even more like fireflies.

I sighed, content, while I nestled myself some more in his arms, giving him a soft kiss on his cheek. Did this mean that everything would go back to the way it used to be? Niall smiled softly, moving forward while his eyes moved from my eyes to my lips.

I smiled back happily, closing the distance between us and finally feeling our lips together again. We both put all our feelings, all our insecurities, our longings, in the kiss while our lips danced together perfectly.

it was a sweet, soft kiss, but it meant so much more. I pulled back, gasping for air, while a blush spread over my cheeks. I felt my lip tingling, and Niall’s hand caressed my cheek softly. ‘I love you.’ I whispered, my eyes drowning in his.

that little sentence, those three words, they seemed to be not enough to express all the feelings I had for this beautiful boy. A big grin spread over his face while he nodded, pulling me in his embrace once again. ‘I love you more Amber.’ He sighed, his nose buried in my hair.

when the cabin finally arrived back down, we still sat together, embracing eachother’s warmth. We were awaited by a big group of people, surrounding the ferris wheel. in the time we had spent in the wheel, the paparazzi and fans had found us. Girls were screaming, camera’s were clicking rapidly. Liam was nowhere to be seen. How were we supposed to get home now?

‘Come on babe, we’ll be ok.’ Niall grinned at me, and I felt like I could take the whole world on my shoulders with him by my side. But apparently, the fear was clear to see in my eyes.

He grabbed me a bit more, his arm around my side. ‘Don’t listen to anything the paps say, ok? We’ll sign a few things for the fans, and then we’re off.’ I chuckled, why would the fans want me to sign stuff?

Niall smiled at me, grabbing my hand and helping me out  of the cabin. As soon as we stepped on the ground, the screaming intensified, making me flinch. ‘Niall, is this your girlfriend!?’ ‘Are the rumours true, are you getting married?’ I raised my eyebrows at their weird questions, but followed Niall through the sea of people.

‘Amber, is it true you’re pregnant?’  I whipped my head around, trying to find the source of the only question that was directly asked from me. I didn’t know how to react, and in my confusion, I had let go of Niall’s hand.

my eyes shot in every direction, looking for his blue ones, or his blonde hair. He was nowhere to be seen, and I could see and feel the large group of people getting closer and closer around me.

‘can I have your autograph?’ ‘Can you give this to Niall?’ ‘Amber, Amber!’ people were screaming around me, some girls pushing each other to get closer to me.

all of a sudden, it got more aggressive, the calls changing to more negative things. ‘You don’t deserve him!’ ‘You’re so ugly!’ ‘fuck off Amber!’ how did they even know my name? they were pushing me around, but I couldn’t protect myself, not with so many people around me. I felt paralyzed from the scary feelings inside of me.

next thing I know, I was on the ground. Feet from a hundred teenage girls, angry teenage girls, around me. I felt a nasty sting in my arm, and realised someone stepped on it.  I screamed, shocked. The girls didn’t back off, they didn’t try to help me.

the camera’s were also still taking shots, flashing and clicking, blinding my sight. I felt tears from how scared I was, stream over my face. Why didn’t anyone help me? Where was Niall? How could I get out of here? ‘Niall!?’ I yelled, my voice high from all the emotions.

my breathing went shallow, quicker, while I tried to push myself off the ground. I couldn’t get up, I just couldn’t. stars were dancing in front of my eyes, making my sight blurry. I had to get up, I had to get away from here. In one, panicking try, I bounced to the balls of my feet, immediately dropping back down by a fan shoving me.

‘Amber!’ was the last thing I heard, a panicky scream from Niall. I could just make out how the sea of feet broke apart, allowing just two pair of feet to get to me, and then everything went silent, everything went black.