Part Seven: Betrayal

Then Basara and Yuki hear a commotion coming from the spare room! Both of them rush there and open the door.

Inside they see that the guards are unconscious, and four people in black masks are there restraining Mio and Maria. Two of them have their hands over Mio and Maria's faces with a cloth. Chloroform? Basara draws Brynhildr, and Yuki draws Sakuya, and they both stand ready.

"Give it up, unless you want to fight heroes." With a smirk on his face, Basara looks over at Yuki, impressed by her statement, and then gets ready to rush the one holding Mio.

Then he drops the cloth, revealing that he has a blade to Mio's neck. She won't be any help, since she is unconscious. "Don't make a move, or she dies. I have no problem at all killing a worthless demon."

Yuki leans in to Basara and says, "I recognize his voice, he is one of the more annoying members of my fan club, Nishi-San. He is... a speed type."

Basara is downtrodden. He usually would have the speed to free Mio before this guy can strike, but since he is a speed type fighter, he won't succeed. He dismisses Brynhildr, and then Yuki growls and dismisses Sakuya.

Another person with a black hood goes behind the pair restraining Mio and Maria, and their group vanishes from sight. One of the two remaining says, "If you want to see them again, follow me, and don't make a scene."

Basara and Yuki don't have a choice. They follow behind, and Basara says, "If you hurt Mio, then you will get to see just how powerful Banishing Shift is." The guy doesn't even break his stride, but a few beads of sweat break on his face. 'This is the guy that did that. He could lay waste to everyone around him. We need to get this done as soon as possible.'

They get to Shin'Ichirou's house, and are led in. There are about 8 members of her fan club there. They seat Yuki and tie her arms and thighs to the chair she is sitting on. Then they tie Basara's hands together, and two of them hold him down.

----------------------------------------------

Maria wakes up tied down to a bed, with her hands and legs stretched out so they cannot move. She can feel the gag on her mouth, and she looks over and sees that Mio is in the same situation, although she is still unconscious. Maria continues to act like she is asleep, so as not to draw attention, while she slowly works her hands out of the restraints.

"So how long are we supposed to keep them alive?" The big one says, "Until they are done fixing Basara's brain. Once they are done, we no longer need them as bargaining chips, and have no reason to let them waste any more air."

Maria is stunned! Not just because of what they said, but because she recognizes the voice! While Basara and Yuki were talking to Ai, she heard Kurumi's voice and walked towards her. There she saw her talking to a large man who she called dad.

It's his voice.

Then Maria hears a young girl yell, "I'm home!" It's Kurumi! The big fellow rips his mask off, and Maria can see that it is indeed Yuki and Kurumi's father. As he is walking out of the room, he says, "I'll get her to go run an errand, keep a close eye on them until I get back." He slams the door behind him, and Maria can hear him talking pleasantly.

Then Mio begins to wake up, and stretches out. She realizes she is tied up and tries to yell, but with the gag on her mouth she only gurgles. The other guy walks towards her, but Maria realizes it is time to make a move, slips her hands free and snaps her ankle restraints! Then she swings a powerful right hand into the guy, knocking him into the wall!

She switched to her battle gear, and then the door opens; it's Kurumi! She looks around and says, "What is going on here?"

Her dad walks in and slaps Kurumi with the back of his hand so hard it knocks her out! He closes the door and then he moves towards Maria, and both of them take a battle stance.