Chapter 10

(Alice point of view)

Oh great! This guy is awake I was hoping of leaving and not say a word. Natsume ruined my plans. Well I can do this again some other time. For now I will wait and take over her when she gets that feeling again. Everyone has the feeling of sadness more than once in a life time. Then I will make my move.

"Hey Alice what did you just say? What do you mean you aren't Alice of course you are." Natsume said then I came back.

"Oh Natsume your up. How did you sleep? I'll go and make breakfast, what do you want to eat?" I said while I was getting up from my seat. Natsume just look at me and answered what he always did in the morning. Not to long after Natsume woke up Kazuma also got up. I made breakfast for all three of us and we picked up all the trash that me made the day before and picked up on our trail.

"Oh I don't want to bother you. But where exactly are we going. We can't go home anymore, and if those guys see us they will start chasing us." I said after heading north for three more hours.

Kazuma seemed to know where to go and I hadn't heard Alison in my mind. We walked some more and came upon a small village. I toke off my black cloak, or else I would scare the people that lived here. The village was extremely quiet. There was no one in the streets and the houses were abandoned.

I couldn't help but feel like this place was dangerous, and I was not the only one that thought that way. Kazuma and Natsume didn't like this place any more than I did. We looked around all the houses for some one that was hiding.

We all split up and toke a certain part of the village and pocked around the place. In one of the houses that I had found there was a little girl toy. It was a doll with a long torn dress. I looked around the house a bit more and heard a small cry. I opened a door and it got louder was I kept on opening more doors.

I had already opened about twenty-five doors until I reached another room. It was much smaller than the room that I had found earlier. The source of the crying definitely came from this room. But there was not a person in here. In the small room was a small bed and a wardrobe. I looked under the bed and there was no one there. Then I looked in the wardrobe and there was a small child there, holding a dog.

"No! I don't want to die!" she little boy screamed.

What had happened in this place that this little boy was scared to death. I reached out the the boy and he just pushed my hands away. He looked like he hadn't eaten in three days. So I took out some food from my backpack and handed it to him. He didn't take it.

"If you are worried that I put poison in it then you are wrong. I'll split it take a small bit of both and then if you want it then you can take both. In return you can tell me what happened here, and if you can in detail." I took a small bit out of the food I took out and handed it to the kid. He immediately took it and started eating.

"Oh so.. what's your name boy, and where are your parents along with the people in this town?" I asked the kid eating the last peaces of his food.

"My name is Ethan, and I don't have parents. And for the people, they do live here but they go into hiding. Any more questions? Because I have one for you." he asked. Ethan was a thin little kid. I handed him the last of my food and he happily took it and started eating it and sharing with his dog.

"What is your question. I'll answer it." I said to Ethan. He chowed faster and finished the food that was in his mouth.

"Who are you and did you come alone" he said and went back to eating.

"Right. My name is Alice and is it important if I came alone?" what is going on here.

"Well yeah, if the people find your friends them I don't think they will treat them with respect. Just saying. Hey do you have any more of this thing." he was referring to the chocolate granola bar. I took another one out and handed it to him.

We stayed there and then I got up.

"Well are you going to come with me and get out or are you going to sit there and starve to death. By the way how do you get out of here. It looks like a maze in here." There is no way I could remember the way I came in. There were to many doors that I came in and out of that I didn't bother remember.

"There is no way out. I have been stuck here for three days, trying to find my lost dog. When I wanted to leave I got lost and here I am now. You are stuck here too." he said in a sad painful tone.

"Oh no I ain't. Come here and get your dog. We are leaving and hopefully for good." I got up and put on my backpack again.

"I can't get up. I am to weak. And if the people from here see us you won't be fast enough to out run them with me behind you." He said and sat back down.

"You insult me. I am faster, and much stronger than what I look like. Come on hop on." I keeled down and got into piggyback position. He hesitated and then hoped on. I carried the dog and left the room. He looked tired and went to sleep.