Chapter 15

Nallely99: I'll be teasing Natsume using his brother further in the book. I'm not mean thought ^_^ .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Kazuma's point of view)

Man the water sure is cold. Lets see...

I looked around but all I could see were fish. There were some fish that glowed because of their scales but there was no sign of Alice any were.

What am I going to tell Natsume when I go up empty handed. Wait!

I was made with eyes that allowed me to see twice as far as a normal human. Which in a way helps me a lot. I can warn them of what is up ahead with out problems.

And right now I was seeing something sinking deeper into the water. When I came closer to the body I quickly grabbed Alice's hand and took her to were Natsume was waiting impatiently along with Ethan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Natsume's point of view)

What is going on. What is taking Kazuma so long! Doesn't he know how worried I am up here.

"Natsume... Why isn't Kazuma already here with Alice. Do you think she might be..." Ethan said to me looking away from his dog. He was already getting ready to start crying again.

"No. That's not it at all. Maybe Kazuma already found her but with her wet clothes he has to much weight to handle and his as well." I tried to make up excuses for why Kazuma was not coming up.

After another tense moment Kazuma's head popped out of the water. And with him was Alice! Ethan and I both jumped up and were glad that the worst had already past.

"Here! Hurry!" Kazuma rushed me to carry Alice to land. Ethan extended a blanket for me to place Alice.

I couldn't help but think that she was gone. Her hair was everywhere, and she was wet. Like this Alice looked hurt.

Alice had bruises all over her face, arms and legs. She looked so small, weak, defenceless. I never saw her that way ever in my life.

When ever I was in trouble she was always there. She had my back. I was never afraid when ever she was around. Alice always had a sweet, and at the same time tough face on.

Now she was laying there with no expression on her little, bruised up, cut, soft face of hers. I can't describe how mad and furious I was at my self. I never treated her with the respect that she deserved.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I leaned on Alice to hear if I could hear her heart beat. But I waited and waited for a long while. And I heard nothing. I pulled my self away from her and looked away from her for a minute.

"Well...what did you hear! You have us all worried now tell us already." Kazuma looked at me with big eyes.

"I could't hear hear heart beat. In other words she's not breathing." I responded his question. But I still didn't look at Alice.

"Isn't there something you can do? We haven't gotten this far away for nothing." Kazuma got up and pulled me up by my shirt.

I was to shocked to react in a mean way like I usually do.

"Well..." I said trailing off into thought.

There is one more thing to do. But...

"'Well what. There is one more thing to do right. Say it!" Kazuma grabbed me by my shirt with both hands now.