Chapter 11

(Alice point of view)

I can see my sent trace from here, so I can go back if I follow it. Man I can go back in no time.

Ethan was fast asleep and he was not heavy at all, that made my life easier. Again, after passing thousands of doors I came to the little room that I can came in from. Out the shattered window, there were people running with bats. And like every one knows, a mob with bats and pitch forks was never a good sign.

I woke up Ethan and told him to hold on tight, the rode just got bumpy. He did as he was told and I followed the group on angry people. They were all getting together in one same place, the center of the town. In the center of the town Natsume, and Kazuma were tide up with ropes and a piece of tape over their mouth. Their face was all beat up, and there were bruises every were.

The people were cheering, but not for a good reason. What in the world did they do this time? How can they make these people that mad in such a small mater of time. Well there were a lot of chances for me to help them but it, be best if I waited.

"They don't like visitors in here. They don't know if the can trust them or not." Ethan said wide awake. "Are these the people that came with you. Man they went the wrong way then. The people from the north part of the town are violent." Ethan said again.

"I have to get them out of this crazy town. Where will you go if you don't have parent to take care of you? Do you have any family here, that I can take you to. Oh and by the way at what time to the guards switch time?" Since I am Natsume's bodyguard I can't just leave him, even if I wanted to. It is in our contract.

"I told you already, I don't have family here anymore. I don't have a place to stay. As for the switch at midnight they switch. That can be our chance to escape with our friends. They don't switch fast enough." Ethan answered

"Wait one minute shorty. What do you mean by "our chance"? You can't come with me. I don't want anything to happen to you. Sorry kid." I said while I lowered him down.

"What! Please I can run fast and I won't cause trouble. Please!!!!" the little kid pleated. Worst of all he gave me the puppy eyes. I can't say no to those puppy eyes.

"Jess! Fine kid I'll take you with me. But when I find some one that want you and you like it there, I'll leave you with them. Do we have a deal?"

"I guess. But I want to stay with you. You and your friends look nice." Ethan started walking on his own. He was to my elbow, and his face was dirty. We looked for a place to stay. Ethan had eaten all my food back there so I have to stock up again.

That same day Ethan took me to were I could buy some food. The food here was very cheap, and it came in big packages. I didn't have to spend so much money for food. Night fall had already came and I had a plan to get those two out of there. I went to the center of the village and Ethan was right. The guards weren't there. I took out the pocket knife that I had found in the ground and cut throw the ropes. I took the tape off, and not in a nice way. Their hands were red and swollen. Luckily they still had their backpacks on and I took them to the forest.

I took them deeper in and didn't stop walking. I heard some noises behind us not to long ago, so I made them run for thee hours strait. We were far away now and I had found a good place for all of us four to sleep, and eat in. They were quiet the whole time.

"Now we can talk." I said.

Natsume got up and grabbed my shoulders and screamed, "Where did you get this kid from!" I had guessed that he would say that. In our contract, it said that I couldn't do certain things. Like get attached to anyone.

"I found him and I felt sympathy for him. Is that so bad? And if I would have left him there he wouldn't have starved. Don't tell my you wouldn't do the same. Now sit down and eat your dinner. I'll take first watch again." He let me loose and I sat in the edge of the cave to have a better view of the place.

We all ate our dinner without saying a word. Kazuma and Natsume went to sleep in the same corner facing opposite sides. Ethan leaned on me and got comfortable.

"Hey, did I get you in trouble with your boyfriend? I didn't mean to."

"No, not at all. Plus, he is not my boyfriend. I work for him before we had to leave. And here we are now. Don't worry about it. Everything will be alright. Now go to sleep kid, tomorrow everyone will take a bath in the river. Its time for you to clean your face." I smiled, and so did he. He went to sleep again like if the words I said were true. I wish they were, but life isn't easy.

I looked up at the sky and thought of the news that I had heard not to long ago about my parents. Why did they leave me? I guess I will never know the reason for their actions. Nothing is easy, and right now things are getting worse. I have to take care on Natsume, and now I also have to take care of Ethan.