Chapter 2: In return

The two boys who were on the run were making their way to the house of the client that last called Yato's number. And they were running the the freezing dark.

"Why don't we just teleport?" Yukine yells the question out loud while trying to catch his breath.

"Because of your screaming, you drew attention. So now we can't teleport in public."

It is true. Yukine's screaming was the elephant in the room. Everyone's attention was captured once their ears perked to the boy's screaming. Because of this, Yato couldn't travel in his usual way. So they had to run. 

Both Yukine and Yato slipped a couple of times on the ice. Since it was dark outside, they couldn't see the obstacles that were in front of them.

And because the location of the client was 5 miles away from Hiyori's house, they were really tired from running. And they ran for the entire time. Yato didn't want the client to be kept waiting, so he forces the both of them to sprint. "Don't worry, buddy! We're... Almost there!"

- 2 minutes later -

Panting immensely, they reached their destination. It was a small bungalow with a medium sized lot that could fit only two cars. Although the house was a tad small, the front yard was huge. A big tree stood strong and high in the middle of the grassy yard.

The two stood in front of the door, waiting for the caller to answer the door after they rang the doorbell a couple of times.

Yato bent forward, supporting himself by placing the palm of his hand in his knee, trying to catch his breath. Same went for Yukine. Their backs were facing the door. "This better... Be worth running... For..." The blonde couldn't even finish what he had to say. He was so out of breath.

Before Yato could respond to Yukine, the door was being unlocked. The God straightened his back and turns around while his Regalia continued to catch his breath with his back still facing the entrance.

The door opens and whomever answered the doorbell steps outside, and her familiar face made Yato smile. The girl looked both left and right. From her point of view, there was no one outside. She became confused. "Hello?" She calls out.

"Hi there!" He greeted happily.

The girl was startled and jumped slightly. "Oh!" She said innocently, surprised by the God's sudden presence. In her head, she wondered where he came from.

"I'm the delivery God Yato!" He takes out one of his business cards out of the pocket of his sweater and passes it to her. "I'm fast, affordable, and I get results!"

The girl takes the card from his hand. Her eyes grew wide when a hit of realization hits her mind. His blue eyes, familiar voice, and familiar face made her mouth hang open. "Hey, you're that guy who kept yelling outside the store."

Yato's smile slightly drops when (y/n) recognized him as "that guy who kept yelling outside the store". Although her answer wasn't what he was expecting, he pushes it aside and jumps back into the conversational greeting. "That's me! Also, this is Yukine! You two have met already." He said, playfully hitting his regalia's back which was facing the girl.

"What?" Yukine said. His attention was focusing on his breathing when he was catching his breath; he didn't hear the conversation the client and Yato had.

After Yato hits him on the back, Yukine turns around. When he saw the face of the client, like her, his mouth hanged open. It was her. The girl he met in the store who bought the turkey. He blushed as soon as his sunset eyes met her familiar  (e/c) orbs.

"Hey, Yukine!" She exclaimed happily when she saw him. "Nice to see you again. Even though it's pretty late." (Y/n) looks behind the two boys and observes the dark scenery in the background. The only lights that lit up the night sky were the numerous number of stars, as well as the Christmas lights. "I feel bad that you came. It's almost midnight. You must be tired."