Chapter 3: Festive feast

It was 8:00 in the evening. The trio stood in front of the small bungalow home, ankle deep in the cold snow, waiting for one of the residences to answer the door.

Yato took a deep inhale through his nose and his tongue stuck out. "I can smell the dinner!" He exclaimed. His excitement bar was sky rocketing. Every time he took a sniff of the air, he smelled delicious food.

Hiyori, while holding the chocolate Yule log, glances at Yukine who was next to her and was fiddling with something in his pocket. It was the bracelet she gave him to give to (y/n) as a 'thank you gift'. "Just give it to her." She whispers to him.

Yukine's heart started beating as the door opens to reveal the familiar face. "Hello!" She greeted happily. (Y/n) was wearing a white top and red leggings that complimented the festive mood. "Please, come inside."

The three said thank you and walked into the small house. Although it looked small on the outside, the inside was bigger than expected. They politely took off their shoes before stepping further into the house.

The interior was decorated with neutral colours of brown, green, grey, as well as white. The walls were a creamy white while the floors were dark brown oak. The accent of the rooms were complimented through olive greens and light grey.

(Y/n) gestures them to go to the dining area where they will be spending for the majority of the night.

As soon as the three stepped into the dining room, Yato and Yukine's eyes lit up like a Christmas tree. A perfectly centred table with a culinary feast before their very eyes.

Nutritious, delicious, mouth-watering eatery filled the spacing that was on the table; there was no room for Hiyori to place her chocolate Yule log. Except for a place in the middle, but it looked like it was purposely there for the main dish. "Where should I put this?" Hiyori asks.

(Y/n)'s mother, who was rearranging plates on the table, politely takes the cake and brings it to the kitchen and shoves it in the fridge. "We'll keep it in here for now until desert." She walks back into the dining room and greets the three. "Welcome! Merry Christmas!"

"Merry Christmas!" They greeted back. They walked towards the woman and shook her hand and introduced themselves, while thanking her for letting (y/n) invite them over for dinner.

Yato and Yukine were wondering where that big turkey was. That was the main dish, and the cause of them coming to (y/n)'s house in the first place.

The boys stood there silently while their eyes continued to gaze at the food in front of them, and their stomach growling with hunger from the view.

The father of the family walks into the dining room with oven mitts on his hands that held the large platter with the large turkey from the store. Yato's eyes gleamed with excitement as he saw it still hot and steaming.

When (y/n)'s father places the dish in the middle of the dining table, Yato quickly runs towards it and stands above it while his mouth starts watering. "Oh my goodness, my dear. Oh how I've missed you." He said to the turkey.

Everyone just stares at Yato, scratching the back of their heads to his reaction to the turkey.

The father takes a seat and tells everyone to do the same as well. "Welcome everyone to the annual Christmas dinner of the (l/n) family!" He says happily.

Intimate Oblivion (Yukine X Reader) || Noragami Fanficजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें