Chapter 6: Karane

- 3 months later -

"Yukine!" He calls his name out. As the katana returns to his human form.

The two just fought against a large, green and white, spider-like phantom. It stood 20 feet tall, and shot out webs of acid in the colour of lime green. As it hits an object, that same object burns. Smoke and evaporating steam comes rises in the atmosphere.

The battle wasn't their worst, but it wasn't their best either. Yukine's blade wasn't as sharp as usual, and his technique was slacking.

If he was in his usual state, they could've defeated the beast in less than 2 minutes. But it ended up taking almost 20 minutes.

Throughout the fight, Yato yelled at Yukine several times, asking him "What's wrong? Why are you not giving it your all?"

But Yukine didn't answer to any of the questions. He tried to push himself to fight with whatever he's got. However, it didn't work. He forced himself to fight, but his tactics weren't working for him. Mostly because he wasn't in that 'mood' to fight. Yukine just wanted to curl up in a blanket and stay there.

But Yato needed him. The God walks up to Yukine and gives a serious look, as if his face was saying: I'm not playing around. "What's going on with you? You're not focused."

Yukine didn't look at him. He he stays silent while his eyes were fixed onto his shoes.

"Yukine, I need to know."

"Well, you said that Gods and Regalia's share mind and body. So why don't you try figuring it out yourself."

"Yukine! Enough with the attitude. I thought we were past tha- gah!" He shouted. Yato places his hand on the back of his neck and rubs the area, trying to ease the sharp pain he felt.

Yukine blighted him.

"Are you still mourning?" Yato asks while continuously rubbing the back of his neck.

Yukine turns away. "Mourning over what..?"

Today was the 26th of March. On the same morning of that day, Yukine visited the cemetery. For the last three months on the 26th of each month, he visited (y/n)'s grave.

Whenever he visited the grave, he drops a few petals of a flower or anything thing that had a certain colour on it to describe the feeling he had inside.

On the 26th of January, Yukine left yellow petals of a sunflower on the foot of her grave, to show that he was feeling sad and nervous. On the 26th of February, he left black marbles to show that he was feeling stressed. This morning he left navy blue petals of a deep blue iris to show that he was feeling a little more calm. But inside, he still felt uneasy.

There was a reason why he did this, leaving colourful things to express his emotions.

Yato sees Yikine hand playing with something in his pocket. "Whats in your pocket?"

"Non of your business." His face starts to turn red.

However, Yato knew already what was inside Yukine's pocket. From three months ago from that day, ever since the incident, the poor regalia was never able to put down whatever he was playing with in his pocket. Wherever he went, the object was always with him. His fingers were always attached to it. "It's the bracelet, isn't it?"