Chapter 3

This traffic signal seemed to take forever for the green light to light up. Sara, Hussain and I were going to the airport to receive Ammi and Abbu. Shehryaar and Iqra stayed at home because there was a lot of work today.

"Kya museebat hai yaar." Hussain hit the steering furiously with his palm. He seemed a bit off since the morning. I have no idea why.

"Oooo... Someone's angry." Sara commented, giggling. He sighed and smiled at her through the rear view mirror. She was someone who could make him smile any time and everytime.

"Hussain, kya hua?" I asked him.

"Yeh manhoos signal, yaar." He said, not looking at me.

"Tum jaante ho main iss signal ki baat nahi kar rahi." I stated and he looked at me.

He was about to say something but was interrupted by a knock on my window. It was an elderly woman; a beggar. I hated to see people like this. I smiled at her and handed her money before she even asked for it. Hussain gave her some money too.

"Allah tum dono ki jodi salamat rakhe aur tum dono ko bohat khush rakhe. Aameen." She blessed us with duas and sweetly smiled. I smiled back at her and she walked away. I looked down and whispered 'aameen' so low that it was barely audible for myself to listen. Hussain shook his head, smiling as the green light lit up and he drove the car.

---

"Kab aayeinge?" I asked, impatiently.

"Aarahe honge, yaar. Abhi toh flight land hui hai." Hussain replied.

I was so excited because I was seeing them after two whole weeks!

"Chacha and Chachi!" Sara yelled in joy, pointing at Ammi and Abbu, who were making their way towards us. A wide smile made its way to my face.

"Ammi abbu.." I hugged them when we met. I felt the tears well up in my eyes but I blinked them away. They travel a lot and I usually go with them. Since it was Ayesha Baji's wedding, I had decided to stay at home this time. We broke the hug and my parents smiled at me.

"My baby." Ammi said, placing her hand on my cheek. I smiled.

"Kaise hai meri bacchi?" Abbu asked, smiling.

"Bilkul theek." I replied, smiling wide.

"Dekha Sara, inhe sirf apni beti yaad aayi." Hussain told Sara in a complaining tone which made us all laugh. Sara ignored his statement and hugged Ammi and Abbu. "Had hai, Sara." He said, with a fake hurt look.

"Kahin se jalne ki smell aarahi hai." I said, laughing.

"Very funny." He stuck his tongue out at me. "I missed you both sooo much!" He said hugging Ammi and Abbu. He's just really attached to them.

"Chalein, let's go home." He said, picking up the suitcase.

We all got settled in the car and Hussain drove home.

We reached home and everyone met and greeted Ammi and Abbu. Everyone was very happy. Iqra and I made chai and snacks as soon as we reached home.

"Chalo, bhai, baatein toh hoti rahengi. Rukhsati ke liye ready hojaate hain." Ammi suggested and everyone agreed. Phuppo, Phuppa, Hussain and Shehryaar returned to their home to get ready.

"Hum bhi ghar se hoke aate hain phir." Ammi told, because her dress was at home. "Qirat, tumhare kapre toh yahin hain na beta?" She asked me. "Ji ammi." I replied.

They went home and I went upstairs to Iqra's room. We changed into our dresses and applied light make up. Not trying to sound conceited, but we looked..