Chapter 16

Thank you so much for immense love and support I've been getting from you guys! It really means a lot! I have over a hundred votes and over a thousand reads. Thank you, again. I hope you've all been enjoying the story as my as I am writing it. Love you guys :)

Qirat's p.o.v.

I wiped away my tears. Why am I crying for him when he doesn't even care about me? I regained myself. Iqra had been knocking on the door for about 15 minutes now. I got up and opened the door. I knew my eyes were red and puffy from all the crying. I didn't look at her.

"Iqra, humein ghar chhor do." I said, looking down. I'm surprised that I managed to get the words out of my mouth without choking.

"Chalo." She replied. She knew I wasn't able to answer to any question so she didn't bother asking.

We walked to the living room where everyone stood still and their expressions were a mirror of each others face. Iqra went to call Ammi and Abbu. Without saying a word, I began walking out of the house. I walked past him. I could feel his eyes on me but I didn't look at him. I walked outside and waited beside Iqra's car. I wanted to scream and shout and cry. I felt tears rolling down my cheeks but wiped them before anyone could see them. I know I wanted him to come back for Phuppo and Phuppa but not like this. I didn't want to face him. At least not today, when I was actually missing him. Why did he come today? After some time, Iqra came alone.

"Ammi abbu kahan hai?" I asked her.

"Hussain usne baat karna chah raha tha. He made them stay." She quietly said.

I got inside the car and shut the door loudly. I sat with my arms crossed. Iqra got in. She ignited the engine and drove off. Neither of us spoke and it was complete silence for some time.

"I'm worried about Phuppa's health. Bohat ghusse mein hain woh." Iqra finally broke the silence.

"Usse yun achanak nahi aana chahiye tha." I said, my eyes staring out of the window at nothing particular.

"Woh ro raha tha chacha aur chachi se baat karte hue." She said in a low tone.

I shut my eyes and opened them after a while. I didn't respond to what she had said.

We reached my place and I got out saying, "Tum jao."

"Jee nahi. Main kahin nahi jaarahi." She replied, from inside the car. She told our watchman to open the gate and she parked the car. "Main idhar hi rahoongi chacha chachi ke aane tak." She said, getting out of the car. I said nothing and walked inside. She followed.

I went straight to my room and plopped myself on my bed. I buried my face in my pillow letting it absorb my tears. I could feel someone's presence in the room. It definitely was Iqra.

"Qirat.." She called me. "Mujhse tumhari yeh haalat nahi dekhi jaati hai, yaar." She said in a low tone.

"Kya karoon main?" I got up. I knew my eyes would be really puffy by now.

"Abhi toh jaake mun dho ke aao!" She said in a funny tone, trying to cheer me up. It didn't help though. I got up and walked to the bathroom. I splashed my face with water. More tears flowed. The strange thing was that I didn't know why I was crying. Was I crying because I missed him or was I crying because he belongs to someone else now? I patted my face dry with the towel and returned to my room. Iqra was still sitting on the bed.

"I'm sorry." I said.

"Kyuun?" She asked.

"Mujhe aise ghar chhorke nahi aana chahiye tha." I replied, sniffing.