Chapter 34

Qirat's p.o.v.

I was done applying lipstick when I heard a knock at my door. I quickly applyled the lipstick and placed it on the dressing table before opening the door.

"Woah!" Zaid exclaimed. "Someone's looking gorgeous!" He added.

"Hainaa? I know. Main abhi apne aap se bhi yehi keh rahi thi." I stated simply which made both of us laugh.

"Ready?" He asked when he was done laughing.

"Haan, bas let me grab my phone." I said before walking back towards the dressing table and picking up my phone.

I walked outside the room.

"Chalo." I said, smiling and closed the door behind me.

We walked towards the living room.

"Mom, we're gonna be back till 10." Zaid informed Khaala and she nodded.

"Take care. Allah hafiz." She said, smiling.

"Allah hafiz." We replied almost at the same time and then walked outside.

We got in Zaid's car. Igniting the engine, he accelerated the vehicle.

"Music!" He said before turning the music player on.

"Are you serious?" I questioned, emphasising each word, when I heard his playlist that was full of Bollywood rap songs (no offence to anyone who likes that kinda music). He laughed out loud.

"Mere dost ki playlist hai." He said, still laughing. I shook my head and connected my phone to the music player. I played Dekha Na Tha by Alamgir which is my absolute favorite song.

Zaid smiled at me as I started singing the song. He clearly didn't know the lyrics of this song but he seemed to be liking it. He pushed a button on the steering and the rooftop of the car slid back and I looked up to find a beautiful clear sky. The weather was amazing! I looked at Zaid and grinned. While he was still wondering what that meant, I stood up on my seat. The cool breeze hit my face and that was one of the most amazing feelings. I stood there for about five minutes and then got back inside and sat on my seat. I found Zaid smiling, his eyes still fixed on the road.

"Mere bachpane ko jhelna parhega teen maheeno ke liye." I told him, chuckling.

"I would've done the same thing if I wasn't driving." He said, still looking on the road. "Kabhi mat badalna..." He added, looking at me for a second before fixing his eyes back on the road. This made me smile genuinely.

He stopped the car in front of a house and took out the keys.

"You know what?" He spoke, making me look at him.

"What?" I asked.

"He's very lucky." He said, smiling making me frown.

"Matlab?" I asked, puzzled.

"Kuch nahi... chalo Ehsan wait kar raha hoga." He changed the topic, unlocking his door. He opened his door and looked at me, still sitting, looking at him.

"Arey I meant like jis se bhi tumhari shaadi hogi, woh banda bohat lucky hoga!" He explained. This was clearly not what he meant. "Acha naa, chalo ab!" He added and I chose to forget what he said earlier. I shouldn't take him serious. Kuch bhi kehta rehta hai. Disconneting my phone from the music player, I picked it up and got out of the car.

We walked toward the entrance of the house and were greeted by a guy, who looked a few years older than Zaid.

"Heyyy man!" The guy said and they hugged each other. "Happy birthday, bro!" Zaid wished him as they broke the hug. Oh, so he must be Ehsan.