Chapter 13

Hussain's p.o.v.

"Theek keh rahe ho. Humein unse shaadi karni chahiye jinse hum pyaar karte hain. Insha Allah tumhe aisa koi zaroor mile ga."

She was crying. I don't know why she cried, but I made her cry. I made Qirat cry.

Kyun aaj mujhe uski itni yaad aarahi hai? Kyun usse baat karne ka itna dil chah raha hai? Jo kuch maine kiya, kyun aaj woh sab ghalat lag raha hai? I shrugged away the thoughts. I have to go to meet Maya today. We've decided to get married in court tomorrow. I got up from the bed and went to the bathroom to take a bath. After half an hour, I got out of the shower. I looked at myself in the mirror. Various thoughts kept invading my mind. Why does my decision feel wrong now? I felt like I wanted someone to talk to me. I needed someone. I felt like I needed Qirat. I ran my hands through my wet hair. I'm just over thinking. I told myself yet again. I changed into a polo tshirt and dark blue jeans. With my mind still confusing me, I left the hotel room and headed to Maya's place.

Qirat's p.o.v.

"I know you too much to not read the look on your face, Qirat." Jahanzeb said from the other end of the line.

He's been asking me what's wrong since half an hour now because he noticed I was upset when I was singing at Samiya's birthday. I decided to tell him what was wrong.

"Woh engagement ki shaam ko ghar chhorke chala gaya tha." I stated.

"Kya??" He questioned, unsure of what I actually meant.

"He left me, when I was all dressed up in my engagement dress, he just walked away." I responded. That day replayed in front of my eyes. Everything he said came back to me.

"Kon? I mean who was he?" He asked.

"Hussain." I gave a one word answer.

"Hussain?" He was definitely surprised. Hussain was someone who could never see me upset.

"Hussain." I repeated.

"Qirat... I'm sorry." He said, his voice was low.

"Why are you being sorry?" I told him with a fake chuckle. "Mera naseeb tha." I added. "Wese bhi I'm over him." I lied.

"Let's grab some coffee?" He asked randomly. "Mere kuch aur friends bhi aarahe hain. Maza aayega." He added.

I thought for a while before responding with "sure."

Hussain's p.o.v.

I was at Maya's place. She was talking about how our life would be after marriage and I wasn't really liking it. I was looking at Qirat's picture in my mobile phone.

"Hussain!" I heard Maya's voice. "Are you even listening?" She asked.

"Haan? Haan." I responded, placing my phone in my pocket.

"Kahan khoye hue ho?" She asked, sitting next to me.

"Kuch nahi. Bas aise hi." I replied.

She was about to say something but was interrupted by my phone ringing. She mouthed 'main abhi aati hoon' and walked out of the room. I nodded taking my phone out of my pocket to see who it was. It was Shehryaar. I didn't reject the call this time. I missed him so much. I don't know why I wanted to hug him and cry. I just didn't know why. I received the call.

"Hussain." I heard his voice say. It felt like ages since I'd heard him.

"Hmmm." Was all I said.