Chapter 39

Qirat's p.o.v.

There was a slight change in plan and Hussain had dropped ammi's car here because I told him to, so that we could drive to Phuppo's place ourself. We had gone for some shopping and now it was time for us to leave the farmhouse and drive to Phuppo's place. Ammi got into the driving seat and I, into the passenger seat. Soon after we got into the car, we realised that the engine acted up.

"Hadd hai yaar!" I whined. "Isay bhi abhi kharaab hona tha?!" I added.

Ammi just shook her head. "Abhi poora repair karwaaya tha isay. Pata nahi kya hogaya." She said.

"Main Hussain ko call karkay batati hoon kay gaadi nakhray dikharahi hai." I told ammi and she smiled, nodding in agreement.

I took out my phone and dialled Hussain's number.

Hussain's p.o.v.

"Shehry, maami ki gaadi kharaab hogayi hai toh main unhay pick karnay jaaraha hoon. Saari tayyaarian sambhaal lena, please." I honestly told Shehry.

"Tu mujhsay kuch chhupaa raha hai na?" He added. I sighed. Main kuch chhupaa kyun nahi sakta iss gadhay say?

"Haan, but meray aanay kay baad tujhay sab pata chal jaaega toh thoda sabar kar." I replied, making him frown. "Acha ab main chalta hoon. Tata, Allah hafiz." I quickly added and left the place.

I got into my car and drove off.

I reached the farmhouse and entered the building.

"Allah ka shukar hai kay gaadi kahin raastay mein nahi kharaab hui." I told Maami and Qirat as soon as I saw them.

"Main bhi isay yehi keh rahi hoon magar iska toh mun hi ban gaya hai." Maami said.

"Arrey, kyun?" I asked Qirat.

"Kuch nahi." She just replied. "Chalo, warna late hojaengay." She added and walked out of the house. I looked at maami. "Iqra ko dekhtay hi uska mood sahi hojaega." I told her and she smiled.

We got into my car and drove to our place. It was fifteen minutes to 11 when we reached our place. I parked the car and we got out.

"Main maami kay saath andar jaaraha hoon aur tum theek baara bajay aana, theek hai?" I told Qirat and she replied with 'okay'.

Maami and I walked inside the house and saw everyone in the living room.

"Maami ki gaadi kharaab hogayi thi toh main unhay pick karnay chala gaya tha." I told everyone in the living room and receive a few nods in response.

"Chalo, its almost twelve, cake kaatnay kay liye dining room mein chalein?" I added and everyone agreed. We all gathered around the dining table with the birthday girl in the middle. It was 12 and Iqra was about to cut the cake when Qirat came.

"Main 15 minute say bahar khaday hokay baara bajnay ka intezaar kar rahi thi aur tum meray baghair hi cake kaat do gi?" She asked, with a cute fake angry look on her face. Iqra kepts her hands over her mouth.

"Qiraaaat!?" She literally yelled.

"Meray kaan," I commented. she slapped my arm and made her way towards Qirat.

"Meri jaan, tujhay kya laga main teri birthday pay teray saath nahi hongi?" Qirat asked her and Iqra just hugged Qirat in response.

"Chalo, dono bandariyon ki ek picture hojaaye." I announced and took out my phone.

Qirat gave Iqra a dabaakay pappi on the cheek and I captured the adorable moment.

Iqra cut the cake and we had some fun with the cake and our faces. Qirat met everyone and everyone was so very happy with her surprise arrival. After a late dinner, we all sat in the living room talking about different things.