Chapter 21

Qirat's p.o.v.

I got back home and went straight to my room. Ek baar meri mohabbat humari dosti ke beech mein aa chuki hai, ab nahi. I thought. I'd started to realise that if I hadn't been in love with Hussain, maybe all this wouldn't have hurt me so much. I know I was hurt because Hussain didn't even care about our friendship but it was more painful because I had loved him. I wasn't strong enough to express my feelings in front of him. I guess my love wasn't strong enough to make him mine. I guess he is destined to be someone else's fate and I guess I need to accept it.

Shehryaar had said that Hussain was getting married to someone and had planned to return with her. Usne toh mujhse iss qism ki koi baat nahi ki. Hussain and I spoke for a long time at the park but never did he once mention his marriage or plans of getting married. Kyun?

I brushed off the thoughts and went downstairs to inform Ammi about tonight's BBQ plan. She's gonna be happy to see me finally moved on.

I descended the starcase and went towards Ammi Abbu's room. I opened the door and saw Ammi setting her side table.

"Ammiii.." i sang. She smiled at me.

"Jee, ammi ki jaan" she said smiling.

"Ammi aaj shaam mein maine Iqra, Sara, Shehryaar aur Hussain ko barbeque ke liye bulaaya tha. Shehry ka message aaya tha ke Sara kisi friend ki party pe jaegi. Toh woh teen bandar aajaenge." I spoke out the plan. I saw ammi's expressions change. I knew exactly what she was thinking.

"Jee jee. Everything is okay mere aur Hussain ke beech mein. I met him this morning and we talked it out." I smiled reassuringly. She returned the smile.

"Meri bacchi." She said and kissed my forehead.

"Acha now please give me the recipe for that grilled chicken you always make." I told her and she chuckled. We walked to the kitchen and prepared the chicken and other food items.

Hussain's p.o.v.

Lets forget November 20 even existed. Her voice kept echoing in my mind. Although I should be happy with her 'let's forget everything and be friends' decision, I'm not. I cant forget it. I dont want to. Mujhe woh din wapis laana hai aur ab ki baar sab theek karna hai. I held my head in my hands. Mujhe Qirat ko apni zindagi mein shaamil karna hai. I ran my hands through my hair. I closed my eyes and leaned myself against the balcony door frame, resting my head on the wall. I folded my arms as a cold breeze hit me. Main humari dosti ke beech mein kuch bhi nahi aane desakta. I thought.

I walked inside my room closing the balcony door. I went to the bathroom and trimmed my beard a bit. I didn't fully shave because I kinda liked the beard. I set my hair with hair gel and stepped out of the bathroom. I picked up my blue tshirt from the sofa and changed into it. I grabbed my phone and jacket and headed out.

I had already told Shehry about my coversation with Qirat and he seemed pretty satisfied. I walked over to his room and saw him in front of the dressing table. As usual.

"Kitne ghanton se yahan khada hai?" I asked him.

"Very funny." He said, still looking in the mirror, setting his hair. "Har koi teri tarah do minute mein bhi tayyaar nahi hoke 'oh so good looking' nahi lag sakta." He added, saying 'oh so good looking' in a girly voice which made me laugh. He looked at me.

"Itne dino baad tujhe haste hue dekha hai. Allah tujhe hamesha aise hi hasta muskuraata rakhe aur teri har jaiz khwahish poori kare. Aameen." He smiled at me.

"Aameen." I replied and he pulled me in a hug. "Allah tujhe hamesha khush rakhe. Aameen." He added and I whispered 'Aameen Summa Aameen'.

"Chal ab nikalte hain nahi toh Qirat humein kaccha chabajayegi." He hurried, breaking the hug. I chuckled and we left informing Ammi. We walked outside and got in Shehryaar's car since my car was out of diesel.