Chapter 41

-a month later-

Iqra's p.o.v.

"Yaar Hussain woh-" I stopped midway when I saw Hussain paying absolutely  no attention to what I was saying. He was sitting on the sofa, eating chips, watching TV. Who would tell its this guy's brother's engagement tomorrow. I picked up a cushion and threw it at him. It hit the side of his head.

"Hadd hai yaar!" He whined like a child with his mouth full of chips, which made me laugh.

"Jao jaakay jeweler say mera necklace lay aao, please." I told him.

"Last minute pay kaam yaad aatay hain tumhay bhi." He said, shaking his head.

"nahi toh pata kaisay chalayga kay mein desi hain." I chuckled making him shake his head, smiling.

"raseed do." He told me and I handed him the receipt.

He then left for the jewelry shop and I went to the kitchen to help Phuppo.

Hussain's p.o.v.

I reached the jewelry shop in half an hour. I got out of my car and locked it. I went inside the shop and walked towards the counter.

"Assalam alaikum!" I told to the jeweler and owner of this shop. We've known him and his family for a long time.

"Walaikum assalam, Hussain." He replied, smiling.

"Kaisay hain aap?" I asked him.

"Allah ka shukar hai, tum batao." He replied.

"Alhumdulillah." I smiled. "Acha Rauf bhai, kuch changes karanay kay liye necklace diya tha humnay.." I added, showing him the receipt.

He nodded, looking at the receipt. He then walked over to the other counter and brought back a bag. In it was the necklace box. I took the box out and opened it to check the necklace. Closing the box, I placed it back in the bag.

"Chalen shukriya. Allah hafiz." I said to the jeweler and he smiled, replying with a 'Allah hafiz'.

I was about to walk out of the shop when my eyes fell upon a beautiful ring. It was a white gold ring, beautifully studded with diamonds.

"Rauf bhai," I called him making him walk towards me. "Yeh wali ring dikhaiye ga please." I added. He took the ring out of the showcase and place it in front of me. I picked up the ring and looked at it for a few moments before speaking.

"Isay pack kardijiye." I told him. He nodded and put the ring in a box. He then put the box in a bag while I paid for the ring. I then picked up the bag and left the shop.

---

"Yeh lay." I said, keeping Iqra's necklace in front of her at the dining table. She was making kababs with ammi.

"Shukriyaaaa." She said, lengthening the word more than usual. Her eyes fell upon the other bag in my hand. "Woh kya hai?" She asked. This also made ammi look at me.

"Kisi kay liye kuch pasand aaya toh khareed liya." I replied earning questioning looks from both of them. "Yaar aisay toh mat dekhein." I chuckled. "Acha abhi bohat saaray kaam hain, kabhi fursat say baith kay iss kay baaray mein baat karengay." I added, raising the bag when I said 'iss baaray'. They too seemed to let that go.

I walked to my room and placed the ring in my cupboard. Mujhay yaqeen hai kay main usey yeh anghooti pehnaoonga, mujhay yaqeen hai apni mohabbat pay. I smiled at the thought. I closed the cupboard's door and walked back downstairs.

I went to the kitchen to eat something. I searched the fridge but found nothing to eat instantly. I opened the freezer and saw the kababs Iqra and ammi just made. Kabab tal leta hoon. I said to myself and took out two kababs. I had just started frying them when Iqra entered the kitchen.